Funeral Director Embalmer
Basagic Funeral Homes Franklin, WV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Basagic Funeral Homes are committed to being a leader in funeral services for the Franklin and Petersburg communities in West Virginia. We are seeking a Residential Funeral Director & Embalmer to join our team. Franklin, WV is a beautiful little town nestled in the mountains of Pendleton County. Our unique career opportunity will allow the individual to have housing directly connected to the funeral home. This opportunity is perfect for an individual who values family and enjoys providing comfort for those during a time of need.
Staff members of Basagic Funeral Homes are caring and experienced professionals who understand that each family is unique and has personal requests and traditions. Our ideal candidate will perform day-to-day duties that are consistent with our company mission, values, and adherence to policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting with families (clients) to make funeral arrangements, explain service options, assist in casket selection, provide pricing information, and prepare standardized contracts for desired services.
- Arranging and conducting funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner, while following company policies and procedures
- Preparing or coordinating the preparation and issuance of permits and documents associated with funerals and embalming. This includes death certificates, permits from the coroner, and other documentation as needed.
- Supervising and caring for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks including: removal and transportation of the deceased from home (or hospital) to funeral home, embalming, cosmetology, dressing and casketing, etc.
- Directing funeral services and visitation, including: greeting family members, opening chapel, memory card distribution, coordinating and instructing pallbearers, greeting and escorting clergy to chapel, delivery of flowers, setting of chairs (and proper care/storage of these items), handling photographs and other personal keepsakes/mementos of client families, and hearse driving duties.
- Assisting with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility and property. This includes general maintenance, grounds, housekeeping, and inventory (receiving caskets and other funeral home supplies).
- Maintaining cleanliness of preparation room and all equipment.
- Answering phones in a professional manner to assist with death calls, common funeral questions, pre-arrangement inquires and etc.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
· West Virginia State Licensed Funeral Director
· Graduate of an accredited school of embalming or mortuary science
· Possession of a valid state driver’s license
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· High degree of concentration and attention for a continuous period of time
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
· Proficient with computers and technology
· Willing to interact and collaborate effectively with the team at Basagic Funeral Homes
· High level of integrity, dedication, and desire to succeed in a career with an unpredictable schedule
Basagic Funeral HomesWhy Work Here?
We are seeking a motivated and compassionate funeral director/embalmer to help us comfort those during a time of need.
826 Blue Gray TrailFranklin, WV
Personal CareView all jobs at Basagic Funeral Homes