Senior iOS Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We are hiring a Senior iOS Engineer for Barstool Sports located in New York City or fully remote, who will solve a wide range of technical problems. This position will be responsible for implementing native iOS features into our Barstool Sports app, One Bite app, Answer The Internet app, HQ app (our internal app for bloggers and other teams at Barstool), and any additional iOS and tvOS based apps that we may set out to build.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will not only own, but will advise and partner with the Product and Engineering teams in building resilient iOS apps that support the initiatives of Barstool. You will be responsible for everything from bug fixes, to full feature development and even building apps from scratch.
An ideal candidate is proficient in Swift 5, Xcode 14, Swift Package Manager, Cocoapods, SwiftUI, UIKit, Grand Central Dispatch, Swift Concurrency, Realm, Fastlane, and more.
What You'll Have
- Extensive experience building native iOS apps in Swift. Must be comfortable with starting a new app from scratch using the single view template or less as a starting point.
- Experience with installing, writing and maintaining modular iOS code. Ex: developing an internal CocoaPod or Swift Package that other internal apps can use to share common code such as authentication.
- A strong sense of common iOS UX patterns. We prefer using native iOS components over reinventing the wheel. Custom components will be carefully discussed before building internally, and almost never implemented from a 3rd party open source component.
- A strong desire to analyze and iterate on new features with learnings from event based tracking and A/B testing.
- Understanding of video based apps. This may include working with AVPlayer, optimizing network usage, implementing AirPlay and Chromecast, and more.
Pay Range: $175,000- $200,000
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- A 4% 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited vacation time, including Summer break in July and Holiday break in December
- Monthly employer contribution towards cell phone reimbursement
- Employee discount to the Barstool Sports store
- Financial wellness benefits through Origin
- A monthly stipend for UberEats
- Rep the brand as best you can
- We have lots of different brains, be open to them
- Never change who you are, that's who we hired
- Find the solution, don't be the problem
- Don't be afraid to try something new
- Common Sense. Use it.
- Be there for your audience
- Always think about how you can help
AddressNew York, NY
TechnologyView all jobs at Barstool Sports
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?