About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative civil engineer to support our growing A/E Facilities Practice. This is a key role enabling the design, permitting, and construction of food & beverage, life science and other industrial manufacturing and processing facilities throughout the United States. Responsibilities include site engineering, site layout and circulation for parking lots, access drives and pedestrian paths, grading, utility, stormwater management systems, and erosion and sediment control design.
- Stamp civil engineering plans and act as Engineer of Record (EOR)
- Technical feasibility studies
- Site investigations
- Grading plans and earthwork calculations
- Design work for drainage (storm water, waste water), erosion, sedimentation control
- Low Impact Development
- Prepare and submit local land development permits
- Hydraulic/Hydrologic calculations
- Manage budgets and project resources
- Interact with clients, engineers, architects and subcontractors
- Resolve design, development, and permitting problems
- Work with reviewing agencies and local review boards/commissions
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship
- 10 years' civil engineering production experience including onsite development, grading, paving, utility infrastructure, and/or drainage projects in an A/E firm or general contractor environment
- 2 years' experience stamping civil engineering plans
- Proficient at construction document production using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Demonstrated ability to complete site designs and write professional reports
- Good supervisory skills with support and design staff
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 15% - 25% to project sites and other offices
- BS or MS Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
Licenses and Certifications
- California P.E. registration is required
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.