As a SCADA / MES Software Engineer at Design Group you will join a dynamic system integration and consulting company to provide cutting edge solutions to a wide range of industries. Our software engineers work on projects to provide SCADA and/or MES solutions to Fortune 100 companies in the Food and Beverage, Life Science, and Industrial market segments. The scope of work can include anything in the life cycle of a project starting from definition and selection of a platform to development/debugging and onsite startup. Frequently this team is working on first-of-a-kind solutions to solve real-world operational problems for our clients.
- Working as an individual or in a team with other software engineers. Can also include working on large projects with other engineering disciplines such as greenfield design of a new manufacturing plant and all associated software system
- Designing control/SCADA systems including databases and database interfaces, data analytics & reporting, scripting (VB, python, etc.) and general programming
- Onsite startup of systems that you designed and implemented
- Understanding project requirements in order to develop/configure industrial control packages accordingly for use in manufacturing space.
- Understanding technical and operational constraints to create project development and commissioning plans.
- Understanding of back-end computing infrastructure used in manufacturing (compute hardware, virtualization, OS’s, networking, databases, etc.) is a plus.
- Managing multiple scopes of work in various phases simultaneously
- Communicating with client stake holders to understand scopes of work and deliverables
- 3+ years of System Integration, SCADA and/or MES application development. Candidates with experience in the food and beverage or life science industries are preferred
- Requires strong fluency in at least one of the following SCADA platforms: Ignition, Rockwell, Wonderware, or GE. Strong SQL skills are a plus
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Rockwell (ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500) and Siemens PLC’s, PanelView HMI’s is a plus.
- The ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities is needed.
- Candidates must possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors. Contractor and Construction management skills are also a plus.
Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, training's, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Barry-Wehmiller Design Group
Why Work Here?Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services. Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Awesome company culture and great opportunities for career advancement!