Systems Engineer (GSA)
- Posted: over a month ago
Enjoy problem-solving, need a venue to display your creativity, and emerging technologies peak your interest; if so, Barrow Wise Consulting, LLC is for you. As a multi-disciplined leader, you understand the gifts that set you apart from everyone else. Demonstrate innovative solutions to our clients. Join Barrow Wise Consulting, LLC today.
The Systems Engineer will support Barrow Wise's GSA project and perform the following duties:
- Engaging with customers to gather initial requirements and plan out the work effort;
- Gather business, technical and operational requirements sufficient for a technical solution to be developed;
- Determine technical solution and make recommendations for a best-fit acquisition and technical approach for the project to meet the customer agency's needs;
- Refine solutions with an evaluation of cost, risk or technical analyses; and
- Develop an implementation plan including steps to take and resources available to in support of the customer agency.
- Attend and participate in ad-hoc meetings with Networx and EIS customer agencies to discuss and provide guidance for cybersecurity and network services requirements.
- Develop and provide documentation as requested for existing white papers and instruction documents such as explanation of EINSTEIN services, MTIPS service guide, MTIPS and Managed Security Services webpages, and potential security service packages to help agencies transition to TIC 3.0, and Zero Trust Networking capabilities in a Cloud environment.
- Perform an assessment and inventory analysis of the assigned agency's existing telecommunication systems, network topology, and services for each location or service environment.
- Develop Project Engineering Verification & Analysis Documentation
- Produce Agency Transition Enterprise Architecture Verification & Analysis Documentation
- Develop Agency Transition Enterprise Cloud Engineering Verification & Analysis Documentation
- Provide a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert to verify and analyze existing network architecture and configurations as well as redesign and implement a new network solution that supports the assigned agency's long-haul telecommunications, Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), Video Teleconferencing (VTC), Voiceover Internet Protocol (VoIP), Wireless Network, and Private Branch Exchange (PBX), and facsimile (Fax) services.
- Support the modernization of the assigned agency's Trusted Internet Connections
An Ideal Candidate has:
- US Citizenship (TS Clearance)
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology) and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert certification
- Minimum eight years of engineering experience supporting the federal government and large datacenters including:
- 1) Network architecture
- 2) Wide Area Network/Local Area Network (WAN/LAN)
- 3) Voice systems topology & configuration
- 4) Audio/video/web conferencing
- 5) Call center operations
- 6) Cloud Service Provider Connections
- 7) Wireless and mobile services and devices
- 8) Site locations inventory and categorization
- 9) Equipment and devices to be replaced or removed (if applicable)
- 10) Construction that is integral to and not easily severable from the service it enables
Barrow Wise Consulting, LLC offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, and rewarding experience. Join us and become part of an enthusiastic, responsible team that delivers innovative solutions to our clients. We provide competitive compensation packages, attractive benefits, and great careers. Barrow Wise is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LBGT.
Our employees stand behind Barrow Wise's core values of integrity, quality, innovation, and diversity. We are confident that Barrow Wise's core values, business model, and team focus create positive career paths for our employees. Barrow Wise will continue to lead the industry in delivering new solutions to clients, and persevere until the client is overjoyed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Barrow Wise Consulting
TechnologyView all jobs at Barrow Wise Consulting