- Posted: over a month ago
Enjoy problem-solving, need a venue to display your creativity, and emerging technologies peak your interest; if so, Barrow Wise Consulting, LLC is for you. As a multi-disciplined leader, you understand the gifts that set you apart from everyone else. Demonstrate innovative solutions to our clients. Join Barrow Wise Consulting, LLC today.
The Cloud Engineer will support Barrow Wise's GSA project and perform the following duties:
- Verify and analyze the assigned agency's systems configurations and provide recommended solutions to optimize in the assigned agency or other hosting environments
- Move traditional IT datacenter services to a Cloud Service Provider, a Shared Services, or other recommendations to enable future network architectures better to support the assigned agency's move to the Cloud
- Migrate systems from a legacy environment to a cloud environment, to include ensuring that the architecture designs of migrating systems/application are updated to account for the assigned agency's hosting environment
- Provide technical expertise with Cloud Service Provider Connectivity; services shall include on premise to Cloud, extranet to Cloud, private cloud to other cloud peering, and other industry standard methods such as VPN, Direct Connections, or WAN interfacing
- Provide technical expertise with adopting cloud collaboration tool
- Support the assigned agency's requirement to comply with President IT Modernization initiative to include encryption data in transit, encrypting data at rest, multi-factor authentication, least privilege, application whitelisting and mobile device management
- Provide expertise with Principles of Cloud-Oriented Security Protections
- Perform a gap analysis on current assigned agency's network/system infrastructure and schematics and providing written technical assessments of assigned agency systems, networks, and telecommunications interfaces
- Prepare updated documentation to mitigate identified gaps to the maximum extent possible
- Document and consolidate all changes made or in-progress to existing, proposed, prototype, and approved baselines in fielding or building system release versions of hardware and software system components, versions, releases, and test configurations
- Conduct system architecture and configuration reviews that may be necessary because of new, changed, improved, or modernized versions of assigned agency systems. This includes full network, systems releases, partial releases, or patch and test of software modules.
- Provide required documentation needed for to obtain approval from the assigned agency's Enterprise Architecture Review Board and/or Configuration Control Board
- Review any proposed EIS service and system designs to ensure they are properly configured to the assigned agency's requirements from their awarded EIS solicitation
- Review business processes and provide recommendations on what is needed for seamless integration between each of the assigned agency service provider
- Provide subject matter expertise to help ensure the assigned agency complies with Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 and all other federal security requirements
- Provide cloud requirements analysis, conceptual and detailed design, and implementation of a cloud project.
- Perform migration of a cloud effort, and generates/approves requisite cloud documentation. Generates customer design review materials and presents at customer design review.
An Ideal Candidate has:
- US Citizenship (Secret, TS/SCI Clearance)
- Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology) and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
- Minimum eight years of engineering experience supporting the federal government and large datacenters
Barrow Wise Consulting, LLC offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, and rewarding experience. Join us and become part of an enthusiastic, responsible team that delivers innovative solutions to our clients. We provide competitive compensation packages, attractive benefits, and great careers. Barrow Wise is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LBGT.
Our employees stand behind Barrow Wise's core values of integrity, quality, innovation, and diversity. We are confident that Barrow Wise's core values, business model, and team focus create positive career paths for our employees. Barrow Wise will continue to lead the industry in delivering new solutions to clients, and persevere until the client is overjoyed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Barrow Wise Consulting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?