Senior Construction Project Manager Job Duties:
• Serve as a mentor to office personnel and field staff.
• Assist in preconstruction with Clients as needed.
• Enhance and maintain relationships with Clients, Designers, and Consultants.
• Utilize Project Management Program (Paskr) to send out bid requests to Subcontractors and Suppliers, create RFI’s, qualify received bids and create estimates for Clients.
• Value engineer estimates upon Client’s request.
• Select Subcontractor and Supplier bids for Buy-outs. Utilize Paskr to create, send out and collect subcontracts and purchase orders.
• Prepare initial construction schedule, oversee updates and ensure projects stays on schedule.
• Utilize Paskr to request, collect, review and ensure submittal packages are approved by Clients and Architects as needed.
• Utilize Paskr to compile reports regarding financial performance of the project.
• Prepare weekly owner project status reports, as required.
• Review and approve Paskr generated Subcontractor payment applications. Work closely with Accountant to ensure all payment applications are paid on time. Follow-up with Subcontractors and Suppliers, as needed, to make sure they are submitting payment applications properly and in a timely manner.
• Attend and lead weekly project meetings in the field and office.
• Create Owner & Subcontractor change orders as needed.
• Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications.
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent.
• Communicate and enforce safety and health management programs.
• Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others.
• Oversee project close-out which will include but is not limited to a punchlist walk-thru with Clients, punchlist items completion by Subcontractors/Barrett Building, ensure that permit card and all other paperwork is complete to finalize project, ensure all Subcontractors and Suppliers are paid in full, and finalize construction budget.
Skills and Qualifications:
15+ years of experience as a Project Manager/Superintendent. BS/BA in construction management, engineering, architecture, building science or relevant field. Thorough understanding of construction industry; procedures, material and project management principles.Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards. Excellent knowledge of MS Office, and construction/project management software. Outstanding communication, negotiation, organizational and time-management skills. Flexible schedule.