We are currently looking to fill a Mortgage Loan Assistant position with a Tulsa area bank.
Pay: $20-$26/hr DOE
Responsible for all activities related to Mortgage lending and acting as the admin loan assistant for all consumer real estate transactions. This position will assist 2 consumer real estate lenders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and send internal loan checklist to centralized processing
- Enter information regarding 1-4 family residential loans into required software
- Order title work, appraisals, flood determinations, UCC searches and Environmental reports and other data as needed
- Review loan applications for completeness and to meet compliance requirements
- Provide administrative assistance to loan officer and appropriate staff
- Assure appropriate disclosures are accurate and provided within the time frame required
- Reviews new laws and regulations. Attend required training classes
- Other duties as assigned
Education And/Or Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in mortgage loan area.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Working knowledge of loan programs & types. Mortgage terminology. Must be familiar with compliance rules/regulations (Reg B, RESPA, Reg Z, Fair Lending, etc)
- All candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment background, credit, and drug screening
- Encompass software knowledge preferred
- Familiar with consumer transactions such as auto loans & unsecured loans
- Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- General comfortable environment. Noise, heat, dust and other problems are minimal.
- Unpredictable hours, sometimes exceedingly long in order to correct mistakes whether or not related to computer failure or unusually heavy client traffic.
- Exposed to a potentially hazardous condition, i.e. robbery.
- All employees are required to maintain a neat and safe work area.