Principal Software Engineer - SRE (BCAS)
- Expired: October 02, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job ID 23-208
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data, and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers' journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them - in ways they may not even know they are at risk - so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Grow your career with us at Barracuda
We are seeking a principal software engineer - SRE for the Barracuda Cloud Achieving Solution (BCAS) team. Our products protect our customers against a growing number of security threats. As an SRE, you will be involved in designing and developing innovative solutions to improve the scalability, security, and resiliency of a SaaS (Software as a Service) product migrating to the public cloud. You will be involved in infrastructure architecture and system design, application deployment, and performance management for the systems and services that deploy and run critical customer-facing applications.
Barracuda Cloud Archiving Solution is a large-scale distributed system that underpins our email storage applications. You will work on solving big data problems for scalability and performance. We are looking for collaborative engineers who drive innovative solutions and take ownership of delivering positive business outcomes for our customers.
What you'll be working on
Site Reliability Engineering Solution Architecture, design, and estimation
- Engage with internal customers to understand Application Design and relevant Cloud Infrastructure and deployment needs: Focus on scalability, security, and reliability in solution design.
- Create and Design templates, tools, and accelerators for deployment/infrastructure for development teams
- Architectural responsibility for choosing correct contemporary architectural patterns for solving business problems
- Plan technical design including non- functional requirements: Security, performance, deployment frequency, scalability, monitoring etc.
- Accountable for Architecture Snapshot, Solution Design, Prototyping (where applicable), design and code reviews, non-functional support.
- Drive modern technical solutions utilizing our current technology stack such as AWS, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Terraform, Elasticsearch.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams to recommend solutions, resolve delivery challenges and technical issues.
- Actively participate in technology evaluations, designs, and reviews
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Mentor junior team members and set appropriate team culture
What you bring to the role
- Clear understanding of Cloud Operations and Site Reliability Engineering
- Agile/DevOps mindset to empower organizational change
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure on premise as well as in the Cloud with a focus on AWS
- Experience developing containerized solutions with Kubernetes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to Senior Leadership
- Knowledge of architecture and application design patterns
- Ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as with globally distributed teams
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure as Code
- 10+ years hands on development experience in infrastructure design
- 5+ years of Cloud based development
- 3+ years working with Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps teams
- AWS Architect certification a plus
- Hands on experience designing containerized solutions using Kubernetes
What You will Get from Us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility - there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
Barracuda Networks Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Barracuda Networks Inc.
Get fresh Software Reliability Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.