BaronHR is looking to fill a temp to hire an experienced Accounting Assistant position for our long term client located in Bloomington. Please submit resume to BaronHR for review.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for handling general ledger bookkeeping and bank statement reconciliation. Provide support to the Senior Accountant and Controller where assigned and necessary. Utilize problem solving skills for accounting discrepancies and prepare financial activity reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Working knowledge of requisite software and internal workflows and procedures
· Follow accounting best practices
· Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis
· Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items
· Maintain general ledger accounts, including administering quarterly and annual audits
· Prepare journal entries and post to the general ledger
· Conduct month-end and year-end close process
· Maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
· Respond to Yard Managers to assist with resolving questions on monthly financial reports
· Provide support to the Senior Accountant and Controller where needed
· Provide backup for Accounts Payable
· Provides ideas and feedback to contribute toward efficiencies in workflow and standard operating procedure
· Assist with project requests from management
- Assist with preparing annual budget, in conjunction with the Controller and Senior Accountant
· Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
· Provide assistance to the Pricing and Buying Department for product code setup, as needed
· Operate standard office equipment
· High School diploma required
· 2- year Accounting or Finance degree, or other related field, required
· Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in an accounting department required, preferably in a distribution, retail, wholesale, or manufacturing setting
· One (1) to two (2) years’ experience working with journal entries and reconciliations
· Attention to detail, accuracy in work, organized, deadline oriented, ability to properly prioritize, and trustworthiness required
· Adhere to best practices and policies to maintain confidentiality with information processed, financial data, pricing, etc.
· Excellent and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
· Communicate professionally to co-workers, customers, vendors, etc.
· Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
· Demonstrated ability to thoroughly analyze and research information
· Excellent 10-key skills
· Comfortable and familiar with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of shift
· Frequently, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
· Must be able to review documents, spreadsheets, etc.
· Must be able to lift and move any files weighing up to 10 lbs. for audits or etc.
· Constantly works in indoor office environment
· Must be able to prioritize workload
· Must be able to pay attention to detail
· Must be able to multitask with various ongoing projects
· Must be ability to identify mistakes on documents, spreadsheets, etc.