Restaurant Server and Server Assistant /Food Runner
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
Scope and General Purpose:
Restaurant Servers and Server assistants’/ Food Runners delivers excellent customer service while memorizing our menu and daily specials. The Restaurant Server will be responsible for taking food and drink orders from customers, and then delivering those orders to the proper people in the kitchen or the bar.
Restaurant Servers/ Server Assistants and Food Runners progress through the various positions and are cross trained to be able to fit into any of the tasks as per the requirements of the Restaurants on Property. Depending on the needs of the Restaurants,(Woodlands Grill, rice House and Beer Garden) a colleague may be required to work in a different outlet as required to fulfill the staffing needs in the various locations on Property.
· Take customers’ food and drink orders
· Ensure that all orders are accurate and brought to each table or room service in a timely manner
· Suggest appetizers and meals to customers based on the menu and specials
· Work closely with restaurant management to immediately address all customer concerns and create a pleasant dining experience
· Confirm orders with the chefs and bartenders whenever a clarification is requested
· Complete all side work assigned to your position at beginning and end of shift.
· Bussing tables as needed and other side work required
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
· High school diploma/GED required
· 1+ years’ Server/ Server assistant/Food Runner experience preferred
· Must be able to work on your feet all day
· Must be flexible to work a flexible schedule any day of the week.
· Strong customer service skills required
· Must have legible handwriting
· Ability to utilize a restaurant POS software platform a plus
· Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting and moving objects 50 lbs or more without assistance. The employee must have normal vision (corrected), hearing and verbal communication.
· Duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however duties may be assigned periodically which take place out of doors and in the elements for short and longer periods of time.
· This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Originally home to an opulent 19th century estate, Barnsley Resort opened to overnight guests in 1999. Whether looking for a relaxing weekend getaway, hosting a corporate retreat or planning an elegant wedding set against the backdrop of the iconic Manor House Ruins, guests discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include three regionally inspired restaurants, historic gardens and ruins, a boutique spa and an 18-hole, Jim Fazio-designed championship golf course. A myriad of outdoor activities include kayaking, canoeing or fishing on one of several peaceful ponds or exploring miles of trails while hiking, biking or horseback riding. For sporting enthusiasts, upland bird hunting and clay shooting are available at the newly enhanced Beretta Shooting Grounds by High Adventure Company for a complete outdoor experience.
How to apply:Directly through Zip Recruiter or visit our website employment section at http://barnsleyresort.com/employment.aspx
Barnsley Resort is a Drug Free Workplace. Drug testing is required for employment.