To share their passion for Food and Beverage, high level of standards, business acumen and a commitment to build highly effective teams in order to maintain the creativity and service levels expected of a luxury resort.
- Servers’ Assistants
- Room Service Attendants
- Executive Chef/ Sous Chefs
- Restaurant supervisors and Catering Managers
- Other Departmental Managers
- Approaches all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintains floor presence and directs colleagues and supervisors, engaging in all aspects of service during restaurant service hours
- Engage guests with intelligent conversation regarding their time at the resort and their F&B experiences
- Assists the Director of Food and Beverage with the development of each F&B outlet through training programs, regularly scheduled departmental meetings, daily line ups, and coach and counseling sessions.
- Maintains and updates service standards as directed by the food and beverage director
- Creates quarterly training plans and testing to ensure staff meets the necessary requirements of their role
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Assist the F&B director with planning, organizing and executing “member promotions” and specials
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Planning and coordinating menus as necessary for large party dining as well as private dining
- Performs an accurate monthly inventory as well as random inventories throughout each month, utilizing approved spreadsheets and/or inventory programs
- Maintains proper inventory levels of wines, other beverages, equipment, glassware and supplies
- Ensures the appropriate handling, storage, and security of wine, liquor and other beverages
- Maintains cigar inventory and humidors
- Provides timely submissions to the Marketing Department for social media outlets
- Manages Jencess pricing
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Participates in weekly meetings with F&B management, offering updates on program additions, omissions, and provide
- forward vision for beverage program
- Accurately perform administrative tasks as required
- Working knowledge of wines, other beverages and their proper service
- Working knowledge of Point of Sales (POS) systems and operations
- Working knowledge of health, safety and beverage service regulations
- Excellent communication and guest relation skills in English
- The ability to work well with a large group of people in a team environment
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays
- College experience is an asset but not required
- Restaurant experience is required
- Experience leading a team in a fast-paced working environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however, duties may be assigned periodically which take place out of doors and in the elements. Duties required:
- Long periods of standing, walking, sitting, hearing, speaking, reading from a computer, and keyboarding
- Must have normal vision (corrected) including near/distance and color, hearing and verbal communication.