Executive Meeting Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales
Department: Group Sales
Scope and General Purpose:
The Executive Meeting Manager brings to bear their organizational and detailing skills to identify and implement profitable execution of all groups. Under the Director of Sales supervision, manages catering and conference services for the benefit of all guests. Ensure that each group that the manager is responsible for meets or exceeds their revenue expectations based on their contracts. Develops and monitors budget and sales goals related to food and labor costs and marketing budget and direction.
- Markets and sells catering and conference services to potential clients. This includes attending networking events offsite and onsite.
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Active telephone solicitation and consistent outside sales calls.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- An understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Experience providing Audio/Visual equipment and operating Audio/Visual as a profit center.
- Consistently participate in the re-booking of repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Develops and monitors budgets and sales goals with ALL managers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
- 3+ years within the Hospitality Industry required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel or resort.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of sales skills and revenue management
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
Ability to execute appropriate action plans.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
Essential duties require long periods of sitting, hearing, speaking, reading from a computer screen and keyboarding; frequent reaching and kneeling; and other moderate physical activity. Some light lifting may be required periodically. The employee must have normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication.
Planning duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however most events hosted take place out of doors and in the elements. The planning office has multiple workstations with multiple phone lines. Incoming calls are frequent, work is fast paced and the noise level is moderate to loud.