The overall objective of this position is to support the Conference Services and special events team by providing administrative support with group events and weddings. This includes detailing, planning and helping execute events as assigned. This may include heavy interaction with clients and vendors, conducting site and planning visits and supporting group and wedding events. In addition, this position contributes to the positive image of the Resort and expedites prompt and detailed communication between all key parties involved with each event.
· Answer incoming calls and field to appropriate manager or assist guest as needed, prompt return of all phone calls and emails to vendors
· File wedding related material
· Speaking to clients and assisting Conf. Services with creating BEOS for upcoming groups
· Coordinate information for prospective brides, assist in making menu cards, buffet signs, special graphic projects needed for client and or services managers
· Create cost estimates for brides
· Shuttle wedding guests to and from events
· Assist with implementing the bride’s requests
· Assist with bridal party timeline and requests
· Assist with vendor coordination
· Assist with site visits, assist in site inspections, and walk-in visits
· Work with wedding consultant on rehearsal dinners
· Assemble Banquet Event Order (BEO) packets for BEO meetings
· Maintain inventory of office supplies within the department such as: stock for menu cards, buffet signs, sticky name badges for groups, etc. and replenish as needed
· Scanning and sending general office correspondence, contracts and banquet event orders to clients
· Creating new files for contract turnovers and assisting CS director ensuring files are appropriately allocated.
· Maintaining filing system; cleaning files out and filing appropriately
· Sending, receiving and delivering boxes for on property groups to appropriate venues.
· Coordinate gift drops for incoming VIP’s and/or onsite contact with Retail outlets and create welcome cards with signatures.
· Send planning session/site visit notifications, ensure a clean golf cart/signage waters available prior to start time
· Greet and assist any client on property when manager may be unavailable.
· All other duties as assigned
· Excellent phone, communication and guest relation skills in English.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· A good knowledge of the surrounding areas.
· Excellent computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Flexible schedule with some nights and/or weekends may be required.
· Secondary diploma is required. College experience is an asset but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Planning duties are typically performed in an indoor setting; however, most events hosted take place out of doors and in the elements. The wedding planning office has multiple workstations with multiple phone lines. Incoming calls are frequent, work is fast paced, and the noise level is moderate to loud. Duties require:
· Long periods of sitting, hearing, speaking, reading from a computer screen and keyboarding
· Frequent reaching and kneeling and other moderate physical activity
· Some lifting may be required - up to 30 lbs.
· Normal vision (corrected) including close and color vision, hearing and verbal communication