Chef De Cuisine
To ensure objectives are met in the kitchen department, future goals are set. Responsible for defining and enforcing internal & external customer service and product standards. Directly impacts the overall budget with emphasis on food and payroll cost controls. Responsible for daily operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Represents Barnsley Resort in a professional manner at all times
- Assists in outlet menu design/development. Conduct quarterly menu item sales analysis for each outlet
- Implement training programs which support increased profitability, safety and security
- Analyzes F&B department monthly P&L statements (food related areas), executes corrective action plans as necessary
- Creates customized menus for potential Menu changes based on seasons
- Run a proactive department labor analysis to maintain a good cost
- Establish/maintain par level food inventories of all F&B areas within department guidelines
- Ensure compliance’s to food product ordering, receiving and inventory control, (all F&B areas) within company/department procedures
- Must work together with outlet managers to ensure proper operation of all Food & Beverage outlets as it relates to “food products/service”
- Prepare and adjust kitchen manager/supervisor schedules to ensure presence of management/supervisory staff on each shift with objective to meet customer service standards
- Conduct inspections of all food storage/service/areas for conformance to Governments and Company safety, security and sanitation requirements
- Conduct formal performance evaluation of direct report subordinates
- Discipline individual staff in accordance to company guidelines
- Participate in company monthly Goals & Measurements Program
- Maintains current and accurate standard operating procedural manuals to include: menu item preparation and specifications, safety and security, purchasing, ordering, receiving, stocking, requisitioning and internal audit policies
- Operate outlets within budgeted guidelines
- Responsible for providing Excellent Service to owners and guests alike
- Ensures adherence to beverage controls per company and department policies
- Maintains current menu item recipes and ensures adherence to same
- Responds to guest inquiries, complaints in a professional and urgent manner
- Submits accurate related costs to department transfer requisitions
- Costs out new concepts/venues to analyze profitability
- Maintain a 27% food cost
- Approves invoices per company policy
- Ensures adherence to all defined department/company standard operating procedures within department
- Inspects employee parcels with consistency
- Prepares/maintains accurate and complete monthly department reports per company-department requirements
- Maintains accurate outlet analytical information throughout the year to support budget planning
- Implements department action plans as directed
- Attends and participates in required department manager meetings
- Evaluates individual staff customer service quality levels daily
- Maintains current job descriptions within department
- Supports/embraces company service philosophy and standards
- Observes workers engaged in preparing, portioning and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed
- Gives instructions to cooking method and application as part of ongoing training
Cooks and prepares dishes, such as sauces and/or expedites food line, during rush periods and for any DBB banquets, social functions
- Compliance with all CFI policies and procedures
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance, dress and professional behavior
- Work with Concierge VIP Services to ensure owner satisfaction and making the sale
- Promote CFI/Westgate Resorts’ philosophies throughout the resort to both team members and guests
- Other duties may be assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the food and beverage (kitchen) department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training back of the house employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have Experience in high season volume that can achieve an average of $14,000-$20,000 sales in food daily.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write speeches, articles for publication, reports business correspondence, and procedure manuals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety if instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Food Handlers Manager Certification required within 30 days of Hire, must be maintained on a current/valid status.
- Must successfully attend Company Mandatory Training programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be capable of moderate lifting, bending, stooping, standing, walking, and kneeling in an eight (8) hour shift. Must be able to reach with hands and arms and have use of hands and fingers. Must be capable of distance vision and depth perception. Must be capable of hearing within what is considered to be a normal range. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50+ pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level is in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must have ability to be a self-starter without need for direction, work well with others, be organized, detailed on accuracy and security, and able to meet deadlines. Must have knowledge of work processing and spreadsheet knowledge.
Job description subject to revisions at any time at the company’s discretion based on business needs.