Senior Operations Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Barnett Outdoors is currently seeking a Senior Operations Manager to join our team. This position is based at the Tarpon Springs, FL facility.
Barnett is the first and longest-standing crossbow company with a storied heritage. Founded in 1962 we are the pioneer of the modern-day crossbow, Barnett's tradition of innovation has brought about numerous "firsts" in the crossbow & archery industry for the past 60 years. Barnett innovates and supply’s a broad spectrum of high-performance and value-driven crossbows, vertical and youth bows and archery accessories popular with both hunting and recreational shooters. Barnett is also the leading provider of slingshots and accessories.
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of a medium volume order fulfillment distribution center. This role is responsible for the performance of the team members of a 1-shift distribution with the additional functions of centralized returns, packaging, and value-added services. Responsible for attaining revenue goals and maintaining accurate inventory.
This position will ensure product receipt, storage, and order fulfillment operations through the optimization of resources and processes while achieving key safety, quality, cost, and engagement performance. The Distribution Center Manager role will drive the operation, development, and implementation of key processes to ensure compliance within company policies and procedures. By using continuous improvement tools (such as Lean and Six Sigma), the Distribution Center Manager will lead employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are involved, empowered, and committed to the success of the company.
- Manages both the operational leadership team but also has responsibility for the functional staff including Quality, Service Department, Supply Chain and Customer Service.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement to all performance measures impacting People, Service, and Cost. Expected to meet and exceed all performance commitments to create a competitive differentiator for our customers, sales operations and business performance.
- Directs the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives. Applies sound communication and motivational techniques, creates programs to ensure a highly effective and engaged team at all levels of the organization.
- Ensures the use of standard work and procedures for operating and managing all aspects of distribution operations including core operations processes, human resources management, care of the physical facilities, and inventory asset oversight.
- Ensures the utilization of warehouse systems (technical, automated, and manually driven) to meet company objectives and facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Ensure the operations is in compliance with all federal, state and local statutes Ensures the facility meets with required Environmental Health and Safety programs to insure compliance with federal state, and/or local regulations and secures those areas needed for ISO 14001 and Eaton Safety Programs (MESH).
- Develops and manages a system of controls to ensure that compliance commitments and operational performance goals are met while driving continuous improvements in productivity.
- Develops an annual operating budget which drives for productivity improvements. Develops suitable programs for maintaining high standards of maintenance, security, housekeeping, and safety of equipment and facilities in a manner that assures their most efficient operation.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience with progressive levels of accountability and responsibility in supply chain, distribution centers, operations, or manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Distribution center experience in a medium volume operations
- In depth knowledge of the material handling equipment options for distribution and optimization of the life and use of the equipment
- In depth knowledge of the various storage medium and configurations, as well as slotting and consolidation tools and operations, in order to maximize distribution location footprint
- Experience with fully integrated and automated Warehouse Management Systems both for core process and slotting. Experience with Transportation Management Systems also a plus
- Financial planning and forecasting skills, for budget oversight and to project results of improvement or risk in operation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-functional and highly matrixed organization.
- An ability to establish a work environment that reflects and operations on the principals of Eaton values of customer, integrity, respect, teamwork and commitment.
- Fosters an environment of engagement and inclusion and team building for all associates. Acts with advocacy, empathy, and accountability on behalf of the team.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills with a proven ability to drive results
- Ability to operate within tight deadlines with multiple priorities that are subject to frequent changes.
- Ability to recruit, develop, and retain a high-performance team at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with key stakeholders to understand the business needs and then inspire, coach, and lead the team to meet or exceed these expectations.
955 Live Oak StreetTarpon Springs, FL
Get fresh Senior Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!