We are Barnes Healthcare Services. Taking care of people since 1909.
“Our mission is to earn the trust and respect of our homecare customers by providing comprehensive solutions to their healthcare needs; to provide compassionate care by our team of skilled professionals while delivering quality products and services.”
Barnes Healthcare Services has 9 locations across Florida and Georgia, with our Corporate office located in Valdosta Georgia. We offer Pharmacy services, Infusion Therapy, Ventilation and Respiratory services and equipment, and Chronic Care Management.
We are currently searching for an entry level Pharmacist for our infusion Pharmacy in Gainesville, Florida. The Pharmacist will focus on high touch medication therapy for patients with complex disease states. In this setting, the pharmacist may work in a variety of areas including dispensing, Medication Therapy Management, patient advocacy and therapy compliance. Barnes is seeking someone who is passionate about what they do and wants to be instrumental in the pharmacy's success; we are seeking high energy individuals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Knowledge of IV medications; sterile IV admixtures and aseptic techniques.
- Knowledge of therapeutic drug levels and common laboratory values
- Knowledge of advanced pharmaceutical calculations
- Documents clinical interventions in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitors and reports medication errors, adverse drug reactions, allergies, and patient adherence issues.
- Collaborates with patients, caregivers, and other healthcare professionals.
- Reviews patient records to determine the appropriateness of medication therapy and corresponding labs.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals to ensure optimal patient care
- Keeps accurate documentation of medication plans and patient progress
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical therapy and direct patient care
- Proficient understanding of medication administration and health & safety guidelines
- Licensed in Florida and in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Knowledge of IV medications; sterile IV admixtures and aseptic procedures
- Knowledge of basic pharmaceutical calculations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; self directed with excellent time management
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, TeleDoc services, 401K Retirement with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Fifteen Days of Vacation yearly (accruing upon your start date), Forty hours of paid Community Service yearly, Four Company Events per year, Continued education and training to develop our employees, as well as our Team(s).
Barnes Healthcare Services – We take care of people - Since 1909