Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other - uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic community all while being part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. Temporary positions require availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of 90 days or less with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
- Greet customers, answer questions, and assist with the purchase of merchandise or services.
- Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the store to maintain an appealing sales floor.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments.
- Temporary positions require weekly availability for a short term basis of 90 days or less.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to be considered for employment.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.