- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a heavy civil Senior Estimator position to be based in Canton, MA.
- Be a part of a company with a 100+ year history of being an industry leader.
- Help assemble bids for multiple project delivery methods including Design-Build and conventional Design-Bid-Build with projects ranging in size from a few million dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Work in a team environment to aid in the estimating/bidding process on Heavy/Civil Construction Projects in the Public Infrastructure market including; Highways, Roads, Bridges, Tunnels, Rail, Transit, Water/Wastewater, etc.
- Have the opportunity for advancement within the company.
- Manage the bid team throughout and take lead responsibility for the entire bid process
- Prepare complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope
- Perform a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues
- Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient
- Serve as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and Owner
- Prepare detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost
- Prepare and assemble bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum or Unit Price, etc.)
- Analyze existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated
- Coordinate with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps
- Work with field staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate
- Obtain and evaluate subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work
- Determine if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps.
- Make recommendations to the Chief Estimator for contemplated expenditures
- Supervise Estimators and/or Coops as assigned
- Visit project to understand site conditions/restrictions
- Select subcontractors and vendors team and closeout the bid
- May personally develop estimates for large or complex projects
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, and weekends as Bid Schedule demands
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related degree
- 15+ years progressive experience on $5-50+ million heavy civil construction projects and multiple projects in estimating role
- Or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous heavy civil field management experience a plus
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer applications, including B2W and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous success in leading and directing an estimating team
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Posses excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Posses valid driver’s license
Barletta offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Barletta Engineering Corporation is an EEO employer, and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, or other basis in accordance with federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
Barletta Engineering Corporation
Barletta Engineering Corporation is a heavy civil construction company, focused on the construction of roads, bridges, utilities, railroads, and water/wastewater facilities. Founded in 1914 and now in its fourth generation of family ownership and management, the Barletta Engineering Corporation is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts. It has a professional staff of approximately 120 people.
40 Shawmut RoadCanton, MA
Get fresh Senior Civil Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.