Assistant General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: The Assistant General Manager (AGM) serves as the second in command for the community. The AGM assists the General Manager in the daily operation and administration of the community and should convey professionalism, leadership and confidence.
- Facilitates day-to-day operations of the Management office.
- Identify opportunities for improvements (i.e. implementation of processes, training, forms).
- Ensures all staff that duties are executed with the upmost professionalism, efficiency and accuracy. Check in with all office staff daily.
- Demonstrates professionalism, organizational skills, and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Respond to emergency situations, coordinate response and communication to residents.
- Create signage and order supplies for business function as needed.
- Respond to all voicemails and emails within one business day.
- Oversight of service providers, particularly the front desk.
Additional specific duties:
Invoicing, Checks & A/P: Prepare purchase orders, processing and coding of invoices, prepare and send invoices for in-unit work and valet services. Maintain systems that track payments and billing for services outside the scope of the Management Companies financial accounting system. Process all checks received by the Management Office.
Financial Matters: Perform monthly financial reconciliation for all accounts to ensure proper budget accruement. Coordinate the annual property tax reconciliation and county payments.
Payment Account Management: Ensure assessment fees and rents are paid on time and coordinate with corporate the issue late charges. Identify the accounts that should be turned over to default collections and coordinate the issuance of notices and keep the Board apprised. Assist Shareholders with payment issues and troubleshooting.
Legal and Board Communication: Appropriately and professionally coordinate information dissemination between general counsel, the Board and management staff as applicable.
Settlements and Transfers: Ensure all processes and documents are accurate and timely for prospective buyers and share transfers. When applicable, coordinate communication between legal and banks in the case of foreclosure to ensure proper documentation and authority to transfer is provided.
Meetings: Attend meetings as directed by the General Manager, including all open Board meetings.
Office/Property IT Coordination: Provide first line of IT onsite troubleshooting and coordinate vendor to repair and increase working function.
Vendor Procurement and Project Identification: At the direction of the Board and needs of the property, identify projects and create a scope of work for large scall projects. Throughout that process perform walk throughs for vendor quotes and present the information evaluation to the Board for consideration.
Assist the General Manager: Producing the board and annual meeting packages, executing contracts, employee supervision and development, preparation of the annual budget, commercial leases, management/scheduling of contractors and any additional tasks denoted by GM. Also assist Facilities Manager with special tasks as needed.
- Excellent Customer Service and organizational skills
- Proactive, energetic and process oriented
- Ability to safely perform essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Familiarity with the properties policies, procedures and rules.
- Must be knowledgeable MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Ability to lead a team, communicate effectively and solve problems.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, to include health, dental, vision, life insurance, long & short-term disability, paid vacations, a 401K match.
Barkan Management Company
RetailView all jobs at Barkan Management Company