Veterinary Assistant Technician
Bark City Veterinary Specialists- Veterinary Assistant Technician (Full-Time)
At Bark City Veterinary Specialists, our mission is simple. We work with your family veterinarian to ensure your pets receive the best care possible. As a specialty hospital, Bark City runs on collaboration with local veterinarians. While your family vet handles your pet’s primary health concerns, Bark City provides many forms of specialized care to assist in maximizing your pet’s health and quality of life. We believe in a compassionate & personal approach to everything we do. As Veterinary Specialists, our responsibility is to provide your family and your primary care veterinarian with the best possible treatment plan for your needs.
Bark City Veterinary Specialists is a Veterinarian-Owned Specialty hospital founded by Veterinary Specialists. We are grateful to the Park City Veterinary Community for welcoming us & joining our mission to put Park City on the map as a national hub of excellence in Orthopedic Research & Surgical Care.
Bark City Veterinary Specialists is looking for:
We are seeking compassionate, motivated, team-minded Veterinary Technicians, Veterinary Assistants, and Customer Service Representatives to join our high paced growing, and dynamic practice. We are seeking talents with an outstanding adaptability to an everchanging environment. Candidates who are patient first, service oriented, and have that "entrepreneurial mindset" are highly desired!
Veterinary Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Care for animals by bathing, feeding, watering, and exercising.
- Assist in holding and restraining animals during exams and surgical procedures.
- Clean and sterilize instruments, equipment, and tools.
- Ensure exam and operating rooms are stocked and sterilized.
- Change animal bandages, bedding, and kennel materials.
- Ensure all cages and kennels are clean.
- Administer medications.
- Assist in collecting samples such as blood or urine for testing.
- Communicate with owners and families on surgery and recovery instructions.
- Perform administrative duties such as updating files and processing payments or accepting deposits in the absence of a Client Service Representative.
- Maintain and complete all required yearly CE.
- Adapt to and follow all protocols and standards of procedures implemented.
- Other duties as assigned.
Veterinary Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree or course credit in veterinary technology or animal science from an American Veterinary Medical Association-accredited program a plus.
- An interest in becoming a Registered Veterinary Technician a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in animal care or in a clinic preferred but not required.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Basic understanding of animal behavior and health care.
- Passion for working with animals and their owners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook)
- Attention to detail to maintain accurate patient records.
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when necessary.
- Familiarity with the EMR system EzyVet preferred, but not required.
- Able to work weekends required.
A competitive compensation & benefits package complete with competitive hourly rates, medical & dental insurance, 401K, vacation & CE allowance.
Please contact Dave Little (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Salary: Commensurate based on experience.
We look forward to hearing from you
Bark City Veterinary SpecialistsPark City, UT
Get fresh Veterinary Assistant Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.