Job Title: Team Leader
Reports to: Store Leader
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Greets and assists customers in a positive and professional manner.
• Fosters, grows and contributes to maintaining a positive work environment/culture/team.
• Supervises the opening and closing of store at the appropriate times.
• Oversees the day-to-day operation of the store.
• Delegates tasks to associates, monitors team performance and provides feedback.
• Accepts full responsibility for an assigned area within the store.
• Answers questions and resolves customer inquiries and concerns quickly and professionally.
• Ensures a clean, visually appealing, well-stocked store for all our customers.
• Ensures all store signage is correct at all times.
• Assists in hiring, supervising, training, evaluating and developing the store team.
• Assists in developing sales strategies to reach new customers and also grab attention of already existing ones.
• Assists in identifying training needs and providing ongoing training opportunities to the team, as needed.
• Supports Store Leader in loss prevention efforts.
• Assumes certain management responsibilities in absence of Store Leader and/or Assistant Store Leader.
• Performs additional duties assigned by the Store Leader or Assistant Leader.
• Follows and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
• Two years prior retail management experience.
• Must be service oriented.
• Ability to take initiative and act with a sense of urgency.
• Have strong supervisory skills.
• Flexible work hours including some nights and weekends.
• Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
• Demonstrated visual merchandising skills.
• Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, POS, etc.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a stressful situation.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Results driven/goal oriented.
• Ability to operate store equipment (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers and forklifts)
• Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including the outside perimeter of the store.
• Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• Strong conflict management and relationship management skills.
• Proven reliability and personal integrity.