Manager - Produce Department
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
PRODUCE DEPARTMENT MANAGER
Job Title: Produce Department Manager
Maintain and supervise a profitable Produce Department of retail store by performing the following duties. Promote the general welfare of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service. Follows company policies and procedures. Keeps records of current sales prices of food items and total sales volume. Maintains profitability and production according to company standards. Stays competitive in pricing for area. Prepares market activity reports for management.
- Estimates requirements to maintain good variety of products. Orders merchandise form warehouse and suppliers.
- Checks in merchandise, verifies quantities, and prepares paperwork. Weights produce items to determine price.
- Wraps or bags merchandise. Cleans shelves, bins, and tables. Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
- Sets up displays and stocks shelves, and tables with new merchandise. Unloads merchandise from delivery trucks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, G.E.D., or continuing high school studies plus six months experience or training in produce.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bargain Barn, Inc.
121 New Leicester HwyAsheville, NC
RetailView all jobs at Bargain Barn, Inc.