Industrial Maintenance Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $28 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Industrial Maintenance Technician
JOB SUMMARY: Repairs and maintains machinery and equipment such as woodworking and finishing equipment, pneumatic tools, production machines, and equipment by performing the following duties:
- Dismantles, examines, repairs, replaces, installs, and observes mechanical devices pertaining to electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment associated with equipment.
- Types of equipment: Woodworking and finishing equipment.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate cause of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to troubled area.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Discusses machine operation variations with other maintenance personnel to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Diagnoses malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Engages in dismantling, assembling, and installing equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Establish and maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Keep track of repairs done to machinery.
- Uses owner’s manual to create a schedule of lubricating, cleaning, and adjusting equipment before there is a breakdown.
- Maintains a spare parts inventory.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and repair to equipment
- Knowledge of various types of equipment to identify and/or diagnose problem in order to repair equipment.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Ability to maintain a preventative maintenance program.
- Knowledge of woodworking and finishing equipment.
- Minimum 10 Years of Industrial Maintenance experience
The Manager provides general instructions orally or in the form of work order request. The employee works independently in planning and carrying out the work, making technical judgments based on knowledge of equipment. Determines or recommends the extent of repairs required. The work is spot checked upon completion to ensure quality of work, ensure compliance with specifications, and ensures users’ needs are met.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION: Incumbent is required to bend, stoop, work in uncomfortable positions. Must be able to maneuver, push, or slide items for proper position. Position requires standing a minimum of 6-8 hours. Lifts heavy objects weighing up to 75 lbs. and as two-man team up to 100 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY AND HEALTH REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in a warehouse setting. The work site is well lighted, well ventilated, and easily accessible. Employee is required to wear safety clothing and equipment appropriate for job assignment and work areas where assigned, as directed by the Foreman. At times, individuals are subject to extreme heat and cold. Frequently exposed to sawdust, loud noises from power saws, hammers, etc., Subject to possible cuts from flying wooden particles, nails, fasteners, etc. Required wearing protective eyeglasses and ear devices. Other types of protective clothing and equipment may be required as deemed necessary by authorized management officials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation:20.00 - 28.00Hourly
Address:2020 East Grant Line Road, Tracy, CA 95304 USA
Benefits: Medical InsuranceDental InsuranceVision Insurance401KLife Insurance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Barbosa truly manufactures everything it sells with very few exceptions; this allows Barbosa to react very quickly to changing trends, trade damage or design changes.
Discover superior quality and service from the one company whose upscale products say it all, without saying a word. Barbosa is always looking for talented people for our challenging and fast-paced work environment.
Barbosa CabinetsWhy Work Here?
With over 40 years' of experience and history, Barbosa Cabinets is the leading cabinet & countertop manufacturer in Northern CA.
With decades of experience, Barbosa has assembled a group of professionals and craftsmen alike to provide an end-to-end manufacturing solution. From the beginning stages, design and value engineering, material selections and specifications, manufacturing, finishing, installation, customer service and support, Barbosa is truly a one-stop shop for both cabinets and countertops. Barbosa truly manufactures everything it sells with very few exceptions; this allows Barbosa to react very quickly to changing trends, trade damage or design changes. Discover superior quality and service from the one company whose upscale products say it all, without saying a word. Barbosa is always looking for talented people for our challenging and fast-paced work environment.