Barberino Nissan needs MASTER and A LEVEL technicians to start immediately. Family business and every member of the team is family. We have a BUSY SHOP. There are a lot of big jobs and the pace is fast. The position is for a TECH WHO HATES STANDING AROUND. Pay will depend on your experience and knowledge.
****NEW EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY******
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and preventive maintenance of vehicles along with the replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Partner with store management and the desk team to deliver superior service and education to customers on problems and proposed solutions for their vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is completed and documented in the work order system for every car assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management. Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate. Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, fluid changes, steering and suspension, maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for securing vehicles during repairs and after repairs are completed.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient, safe use of service equipment. Interprets and applies technical instructions in diagram and text form.
- Maintain company directed productivity, training development plan, and comeback performance levels.
- An approachable and knowledgeable resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates, management, and customers.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures. Expected to comply with loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Valid Driver's License.
- 3+ years of related experience in the automotive service environment.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- ASEs required; ASE A1 through A8- Electrical and Engine Performance is strongly preferred; state certifications/licenses where required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Days, and Weekends.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Possesses fine motor skills to safely operate tools.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on the computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
When you work Barberino Nissan, you become part of the family. We strive to create a team focused, professional work environment for all of our employees, with opportunities for career advancement in every department. In addition to having a rewarding career in the automotive industry, employees become part of a culture of summer cookouts and holiday parties, as well as becoming engaged with the local community through our company charity events.
Barberino Nissan serves New Haven and Hartford counties. Joining Barberino Nissan's team means joining a fast paced dealership with many benefits: