Our client is a leader in automotive aftermarket parts re-manufacturing and distribution with a global footprint who seeks a Tax Accountant to be responsible for vital tax functions dealing with U.S. tax issues, including tax research, planning, and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversee the compliance of multi-state sales and tax preparation
- Monitor and communicate tax rate changes internally for proper application
- Prepare and examine accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports
- Responsible for all correspondence related to tax inquiries with Federal, State and Local jurisdictions
- Reconcile tax accounts to the general ledger
- Assist with month, quarter and year-end closing
- Document policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility, and assist in the improvement of internal controls
- Assist with financial and tax audits and prepare relevant schedules
- Other projects as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Tax provision or tax compliance experience, a plus.
- Master-level Excel skills and experience in all MS Office programs.
- Experience with QAD a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP as it relates to current tax environments, domestic and foreign
- Precise attention to detail, accuracy and deadline-oriented exercising strong time management skills are a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.