Our client a high growth furniture company that manufactures and restores wood and upholstered seating. Their success stems from their vision and ongoing commitment to excellence.
Our client seeks a General Manager to lead operations, Tijuana manufacturing site, and related functions. Directly supervises the following groups: Production, Production Control/Planning and Materials Control, Logistics, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, Maintenance, Project Management, Human Resources and works closely with Finance. Maintains total control for satisfactory production, on-time delivery, cost, profitability, quality and the wellbeing of all employees.
Candidates must have a strong leadership presence and proven success motivating a workforce in a labor-intensive environment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Creates corporate goals/objectives and is accountable for a high level of schedule completion (OTD), cost, profitability, quality, safety, and human relations. Must strategically apply tactics to achieve metrics, goals and ROI’s
2. Directs high-performance teams to achieve the aforementioned corporate goals and objectives.
3. Creates budgets and authorizes action for capital expenditures and employee staffing.
4. Reviews employee performance and authorizes wage increases.
5. Plans for future needs for production in terms of equipment and staffing.
6. Participates in long-range corporate planning for factories.
7. Manage recognition program and maintains high employee morale.
8. Develop policies and procedures for all employees.
9. Manage the incentive pay/gain sharing initiatives.
10. Works closely with finance/accounting and costing to achieve profitability and cost targets.
11. Responsible for any special projects assigned by management.
12. Acts as a company representative to the community.
Supervisory Responsibilities (personnel supervision, budgets, performance appraisal, etc.):
- Subordinates include a number of managers and superintendents along with a variety of support staffs.
- Coach, teach and mentor employees to facilitate their long-term development, career path alignment for future growth opportunities.
Required Experience and Education:
- University Degree – BA or BS or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role in manufacturing and operations (i.e. Director of Operations, VP of Operations, General Manager, Sr. Plant Manager, etc.)
- 7-10 years of strong hands-on leadership experience in a labor-intensive manufacturing/production assembly environment. Highly prefer furniture manufacturing. (i.e. wood milling, upholstery or similar. Will also consider sheet metal fabrication experience.
- Familiarity with Mexico is highly preferred.
- Experience in Quality, Materials, Logistics, Planning and Process Improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Financial acumen. Previous operational Profit and Loss accountability, budgets, and variance reporting.
- Some travel required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)