Infusion RN PRN - CBC Oncology Center
The RN uses the nursing process to collect pertinent patient information needed to determine physical and psychological needs, address and identify health problems, performs selected treatments and chemotherapy, diagnostic procedures and routine duties. The RN functions as a member of the healthcare team with responsibilities commensurate with educational preparation, training and demonstrated competencies. Direct patient care is provided to adult and geriatric patients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Assesses and documents patient status, including labs, diagnostic tests, and patient's understanding of chemotherapy and other planned treatment.
2. Provides care according to appropriate policy and procedure as well as oncology nursing guidelines
3. Provides pertinent education to patient regarding care and symptom management
4. Evaluates patient response to therapy
5. Collaborates with members of healthcare team-physicians, social worker, pharmacist, etc.-in the provision of safe and effective patient care
6. Demonstrates organizational and leadership skills
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
A.Graduation from an accredited program of professional nursing.
B.Active KY license
C.Minimum of 1 year med-surg or ED experience required.Oncology experience preferred.
D. Chemotherapy/biotherapy certification required in the first year and prior to administration of chemotherapy.
E. BCLS required.
F. Oncology nursing certification preferred.If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.