Baptist Health is the largest healthcare system serving central Alabama, providing comprehensive hospital-based and outpatient services to nearly 60 percent of the residents in Montgomery, Autauga and Elmore counties.
To learn more about Baptist Health, visit us at https://www.baptistfirst.org.
The Mental Health Technician (MHT) provides patient care at the direction of the Charge Nurse or Registered Nurse. These duties include but are not limited to; assisting patients with activities of daily living, assisting with admission and discharge procedures, leading or serving as co facilitator for patient groups, orientation of new patients to the unit environment, periodic safety and or location checks of all patients, and other care functions as assigned by the Charge Nurse.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- BCLS required.
- Nursing Assistant or patient care technician certification or equivalent experience.
- Requires stable physical and mental health. Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, Frequently cope with stressful and rapidly changing situations.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and basic safety, principles of physical care and comfort.
- Medical terminology training preferred.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)