Therapist – Detox
We are seeking a Substance Abuse Licensed Mental Health Therapist to join our team! You will be responsible for implementing effective treatment plans to clients in an individual or group setting.
To assist clients understand their problems and what causes them to engage in addictive behavior. To help clients understand ways to cope and potentially incorporate methods, such as the 12-step program, to help clients toward recovery/relapse prevention.
· Counsel and advise individuals or groups with substance abuse problems.
· Develop and implement individual treatment plans.
· Establish treatment goals and milestones with clients.
· Prepare progress reports and letters for relevant parties.
· Educate families and groups on substance abuse treatments and prevention programs.
· Facilitate referrals to other healthcare or counseling professionals.
· Demonstrates knowledge of chemical dependency and addictions and utilizes knowledge and skills to access and meet the client’s treatment needs and requirements.
· Documents on a regular basis within the electronic medical record - client chart.
· Facilitates team interaction for discharge planning regarding client chemical dependency issues.
· Shares pertinent information with treatment team as obtained from client, client’s family members, or significant others.
· Participates as a team member in all treatment team meetings and provides input regarding clients and chemical abuse and dependency treatment needs and requirements.
· Assist the client(s) in developing measurable chemical dependency related discharge goals and objectives.
· Provides pertinent client information based on chemical dependency evaluation, and group and individual session interactions, to assist in the client treatment process.
· Acts as a liaison to community agencies providing chemical dependency and abuse services.
· Collaborates with the medical staff to provide chemical dependency treatment services.
· Documents client progress/regression according to established policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates good communication skills.
· 3 years of experience in counseling/social work with chemical dependency and/or dual diagnosed clients, and PHP experience preferred.
· Experience in conflict resolution
· Compassionate and caring demeanor
· Ability to build rapport with clients
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Familiar with community resources
· Experience with KIPU EMR
Education and License Requirements:
· Graduation from an accredited college or university with a health-related degree. Master’s degree required.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of the discipline. Adheres to:
· Healthcare Code of Ethics
· Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards
· Federal and State Regulations
· Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding
· Client Confidentiality
· Drug-Free Workplace
· Corporate Integrity & Compliance
· Demonstrate Competencies in assessing:
· Mental Health
· Trauma – Abuse – Neglect – Exploitation
· Suicide - Homicide