The Director of Nursing is responsible for the leadership and management for the nursing department and assists the Medical Director with assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the delivery of Client care. He/She assists in providing for the development and evaluation of nursing unit personnel, and maintains the optional medical aspects of the Client care unit. The Director of Nursing is also accountable for meeting required nursing standards. Additionally, he/she is required to develop and maintain positive employee communication as well as, retain, supervise, and train team members.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to establish a therapeutic relationship with clients and clients’ families, display strong listening and observation skills, exhibit skills sufficient to adequately gather and record client data specific to current and past medical status, and form objective impression of signs, symptoms and client complaints and their implications concerning treatment planning. He/she is dependable and demonstrates ability to work under pressure and meet deadline lines while maintaining flexibility, uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Additionally, candidate will exhibit the ability to be empathetic and understanding of client needs. Ability to accurately document in EMR required.
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan meetings.
- Facilitating team interaction for discharge planning.
- Manages Nursing Department to ensure that staff nurses are initiating and completing nursing assessment within requirement time frame per State.
- Manages payroll and time clock system for the Nursing Department
- Continually audits Nursing Department documentation to ensure that staff are correctly documenting in client electronic charts.
- Ensures that Nursing staff document all information with team as obtained from Clients or family throughout the program.
- Completes and provides Human Resource Department with employee Competencies and Annual Reviews.
- Communicates with Human Resources any departmental or staff concerns to establish solutions reasonable for all parties involved.
- Schedules Nursing Department meetings on a regular basis to provide supervision and evaluate departmental procedures.
- Manages the formulation of standards for client policies and procedures in regards to Nursing Department.
- Promotes good public relations between program and nursing department.
- Ensures that Nursing Department is trained on EMR System and is documenting properly.
- Documents and creates Performance Improvement Plans for any staff not meeting job performance or behavioral standards.
- Implements and monitors medication error recording.
- Documents client progress/ regress according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensures that nursing staff are assessing Client’s need to see a psychiatrist and medical doctor based on level of care and client needs..
- Maintains compliance with established nursing care standards.
- Ensuring that nursing staff are supervising and instructing clients in medication self-administration, (the preparation and giving of injections) as ordered by doctor.
- Obtaining lab specimens as ordered by doctor
- Manages Nursing staff in assisting clients in obtaining medications from pharmacy as ordered by Medical Staff.
- Ensures that nursing staff are providing health education groups per State requirements.
- Supports and assists with the orientation of new employees.
- Communicates and deals effectively with clients, co-workers, medical staff and other healthcare providers.
- Serves as resource in specialty to other team members.
- Assists in reviewing, revising, and formulating policies and procedures specific to Program, with approval of the pertinent team members.
- Completes staffing requisitions for any replacement or new position and submits to Human Resources.
- Meets with Pharmacy Consultants on a monthly basis to ensure pharmacy licensure is compliant.
- Represents the Nursing Department for all Joint Commission and State specific audits.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to ensure employee health standards are met.
- Ensuring continuity of care through the use of foresight in directing, controlling, planning and organizing client care.
- Serving as client advocate, clinical resource person and role model for nursing personnel.
- Communicating with family and health professionals concerning the care of clients.
- Respond to admissions alerts evenings and weekends as needed.
- Overseeing department budget.
- Assists in reporting infection control incidents to Performance Team and Risk Management.
- Implementing and monitors Infection Control Team.
- Develop and coordinate the infection prevention and control program throughout the facility and implements the programs’ established policies and procedures as relating to patient care and infection control.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college or university in Nursing, required. Master of Science in Nursing, preferred.
- A minimum of two to five years’ nursing experience, preferably in a behavioral or mental health setting, required.
- Holds a current license as Registered Nurse in the state of facility and maintains current licensure per state requirements, required.
- Maintains a current CPR certification, required.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of the discipline.
- Adheres to: Healthcare Code of Ethics
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards
- Knowledge of State & Federal Statutes Regarding:
- Client Confidentiality
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Corporate Integrity & Compliance
- Demonstrate Competencies in assessing:
- Mental Health
- Trauma – Abuse – Neglect – Exploitation
- Suicide - Homicide
Banyan Treatment Centers is a leading National addiction and mental health care organization with a full continuum of care, and is Joint Commission Accredited (Gold Seal of Approval). Since our formation, we have grown to be an authority and innovator in the areas of addiction care and mental health treatment serving our communities at 11 locations throughout the United States. We are opening a 12th location in Delaware and are currently seeking leaders in the community of substance abuse and mental health to establish a hardworking and dedicated team.
As full-time members of our team, our employees enjoy competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, paid time off and the distinction of working with some of the nation’s most respected and accomplished doctors and mental health professionals while directly improving the health and quality of life of our community!
If you are interested in learning more about the position and potentially joining our dedicated team, I invite you to “Apply Now.” When completing your application you will have the ability to provide your schedule and shift availability and desired wage; salary to be negotiated if necessary. If your qualifications and availability are a match to our job opening(s), one of our Human Resources members will be in contact with you by e-mail and/or phone. We look forward to learning more about you!
At Banyan, we stand as a leader in providing growth through recovery by having the most qualified team behind the mission. We are a family of individuals that come from diverse backgrounds; however addiction affects all of us in the same way. It devastates lives and families. We came together with a simple mission: to help people break free from the bonds of addiction. We are not a “one fits all place” and we have the experienced staff and infrastructure to truly offer individualized, custom treatment programs that are tailored to fit every need. Not many addiction treatment centers have the ability to offer all levels of care and custom treatment plans.
As full-time members of the Banyan team, our employees enjoy competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, paid time off and the distinction of working with some of the nation’s most respected and accomplished doctors and mental health professionals while directly improving the health and quality of life of our patient community.