JOB SUMMARY: This job is intended for a Sr. Product/Implementation Consultant with strong client management, technical knowledge and business analysis skills. This role is critical to the success of the organization and the professional services function.
Banyan Hills Technologies formed in 2013 to help customers solve for the complexity surrounding the Internet of Things (IoT). Problem solving, building great software and bringing together the smartest and best talent is the Banyan way.
The employee in this job will serve as a lead role in integrating the various technical disciplines, systems and processes which exists between data, business intelligence, warehouse and applications functions to provide client deliveries. This includes balancing the complex relationships between the various areas. The Project/Client Engagement Manager may lead, mentor and coach other employees in a cross-functional role.
JOB EXPECTATIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Under general direction of the Sr. Software Engineering Manager, this position over-sees high-priority initiatives, taking them from original concept through final implementation.
- Acts as a role model for technical consulting, professionalism, client management, critical thinking and setting productivity pace as well as promoting a financial focus with emphasis on business value metrics and to aggressively manage risk and its impact on the business, systems and processes
- The employee in this job is expected to excel and provide leadership. In addition, as a leader, mentor and coach for Agile principles, practices, accountability and positive customer service skills, the employee in this job will have a business, results oriented and Agile mindset to motivate and manage the team to achieve desired goals and objectives for the department and organization, including complex, time-critical problems, issues and concerns.
- Acts as escalation point when consensus decisions cannot be reached.
- Must be knowledgeable, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to and knowledgeable about enterprise applications, systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY DUTIES OF THE JOB
As a implementation consultant and project lead:
- Be the product expert, including maintaining knowledge of upcoming features and advising the Customer on technical solution best practices.
- Gather and document customer business requirements and translate into specifications that can be used either for configuration OR by the Development team to build custom solutions.
- Configure product settings based on Customer requirements and specifications.
- Participates and/or leads testing efforts during QA, UAT and post-production validation.
- Responsible for effectively driving projects to completion, through initiating, planning, scheduling, coordinating, controlling, managing and deliverable acceptance for projects and related release initiatives.
- Builds and manages to delivery plans and controls scope based the Statement of Work.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations and progress of teams and project(s) regarding time, budget, scope and quality.
- Provides leadership, direction and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Monitors and reports to management on the status of project efforts (including time reporting, forecasting and reconciliation)
- Proactively identifies and manages risks to prevent/mitigate problems. When necessary handles resolution and escalation of issues.
- Assists in developing project estimates & timelines
- Contributes to the continuous improvement efforts of the Professional Services discipline within the organization.
Work Relationships: Partners with Technology and Business Leaders to ensure that systems are configured and developed to comply with product strategy and testing standards and established methodologies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE/LICENSES & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university and 8+ years leadership experience or an equivalent combination of technical and business education and experience
- Previous experience in a professional services organization working on billable customer engagements.
- Previous experience working in an Agile Scrum software development environment.
- Ability to operate and thrive in an ever-changing environment with multiple, competing priorities and effectively collaborate across teams.
- Applied knowledge and experience with best practices and trends in comparable industries and organizations.
KNOWLEDGE, BUSINESS/PEOPLE SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Demonstrated product consulting leadership and management skills with management, peers, and business stakeholders in the following functional and technical areas, including but not limited to:
- Product implementation and consulting on web and mobile applications
- Project & Client Management
- Critical thinking, analysis and problem solving and decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and present compelling ideas and persuade others
- Demonstrated business communications skills (verbal, written, interpersonal, facilitation, negotiations and group presentations)
- Mentoring and coaching others to be comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic, complex environment which values collaboration, creativity and diversity
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact, diplomacy and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a variety of complex technical topics in the following areas which may include:
- Experience implementing or supporting web and mobile applications
- Project lifecycle processes, including design, testing, implementation and support
- Software development lifecycle including, Agile software development methodologies, values, procedures and tools such as the Atlassian suite including JIRA and Confluence
- Gather Customer requirements and specifications and advise them on best practices.
- Author User Stories and manage them to completion by evaluating them against acceptance criteria based on client commitments / product roadmap enhancements.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings related to client implementation projects.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Monitor the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
- Negotiate with project stakeholders or suppliers to obtain resources or materials.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), PMI-BA, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or with proven prior experience leading Agile teams.
- Project Management Practitioner (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification or equivalent experience.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer. Primarily works in the Duluth, GA office.