MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - 2ND SHIFT:
The Machine Maintenance Technician fabricates and assembles structural metal products such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, and other machines with stainless steel for the food industry by layout and plans sequence of operations according to mechanical drawings and written and verbal instructions. Must be skilled within Mig and Tig welding. Maintains the plant's equipment, buildings, and facilities. Provides technical trouble shooting skills regarding maintenance, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic engineering. With direction from the Maintenance Planner and the Maintenance Supervisor, ensures that the maintenance schedules are adhered to.
· Perform duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, or their designee
· Assist or perform preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition
· Assist or perform in executing major equipment overhauls
· Assist or perform the troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing
· Assist or perform in the repairs and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment (HVAC/R)
· Constructs and demolishes walls, and perform other carpentry duties
· Install light bulbs, paint interior and exterior of buildings
· Maintain exterior of the buildings, roof repair, etc.
· Handles maintenance emergencies as required.
· Maintains records in accordance with work order, backlog, control, and job assignment systems
· Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations
· Maintain clean, organized, and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal
· Tig welding, and Mig/Mag welding
· Working from engineering drawings
· Fabricating - Cutting and shaping large stainless-steel parts
· Able to discern correct welding applications
· Learn production process
· Ability to read and interpret shop/engineering drawings
· Be active in preventative maintenance program, daily plant fundamentals and all safety procedures
· Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems and engineering concepts
· Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture
· Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately
Why Work Here?
Named "Best of Staffing 2018" in both the Talent and Client Categories, based on our exceptional service and commitment to employees.
Stone Park, IL