Senior Surgical Technologist CVOR
Banner Health Mesa, AZ
- Posted: March 16, 2021
Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:Open Heart Surg-Hosp
Job Category:Clinical Care
Now offering $10,000 incentive for experienced Cardiovascular Operating Room Surgical Tech! *
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Banner Desert Medical Center/Children's Medical Center at Desert Main Surgery Department has 24 Operating Rooms, which includes 3 trauma rooms, 6 pediatric rooms, 1 cysto suite, 4 minimally invasive and 3 robotic rooms. BDMC/CCMC offers a full range of surgical specialties, including Peds Cardiovascular and Adult and Peds Trauma, Urology, Orthopedics, General, Gynecology, Neurology, EENT, Plastics and Robotics. We are the busiest OR in the valley, fast paced, and performing high acuity cases. In 2017, BDMC/CCMC Main Surgery Department performed over 21,000 surgeries.Adult cardiovascular, Labor & Delivery and Endoscopy Services are covered by separate departments.Our technologies includes TAVR, Volcano IVUS in the hybrid room.Si and Xi da Vinci robots.Banner Desert Medical Center is recognized byUS News as a High Performing Hospital in Procedure/Condition Category.Surgical service lines include general, gyn, urology,robotics, ortho, neuro, plastics, and Level I trauma, peds and adult.
As a CVOR Surgical Technologist, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Cardiovascular CVOR Surgery department! This opportunity is full time day shift 6:30a-3pwith call and weekend requirements. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.*Must have 1 year of CVOR experience, requires a 12 month commitment to qualify for sign on bonus.Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure. Participants in the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned. Is proficient to scrub on a minimum of 2 surgical specialties.
1. Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Troubleshoots malfunctioning equipment and makes minor adjustments or calls biomedical equipment staff. Checks schedule and plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
2. Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery. Maintains competency to scrub in a minimum of 2 surgical specialties.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
4. Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
5. Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
6. Participants in or leads the training and orientation of surgical technology staff and students, as assigned.
7. May provide business support to the department including administravie tasks.
8. This position follows safety procedures in regards to medication labeling, appropriate handling of specimens, appropriate handling of sharps, time-out procedure, radiation and laser safety, infection control, assembling and disassembling instruments. Participates in emergency call rotation. Is proficient to scrub on at least 2 surgical specialties. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, and nursing staff. External customers may include practicing physicians, patient families and vendors or sales reps.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and current basic life support certification, also required is current certification as a surgical technologist.
Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency
This position requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 or more years of operating room experience and must be able to scrub proficiently on a minimum of 2 surgical specialties. The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient. Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Graduation from an accredited school of surgical technology is highly preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
HealthcareView all jobs at Banner Health