Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:C/P-BBMC Neuro-Clinic
Job Category:Administrative Services
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your passion of working as a Referral Specialist to this family and goal achieving office of 13 provider, where the staff knows what their expectations are and works together as a team to complete day to day functions. The Referral Specialist role is specialized in the sense that you will be managing and processing all incoming referrals for Neurology, Neurosurgery and Neuropsychology, while scheduling appointments, answer phones and assisting with prior authorizations.
Our dynamic and growing neuroscience practice, includes neurology, neurosurgery, neuropsychology and diagnostic testing. You will have the opportunity to work with nationally recognized physicians leading the way in stroke and trauma care (2018 American Heart Association Stroke Award).We have a great small team that count on each other to make each day successful. All staff is willing to jump in and help each other. This clinic also does a lot of group activities, and they do special recognition programs for each other. The medical assistants are cross trained at this clinic which makes them invaluable. Shift: Mon- Fri 8a-5p. No Weekends!!!!
Main location is Dobson, but we do have a sister office at Baywood, and do cover for PTO from time to time.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position is responsible for coordinating referral orders for a continuation of treatment, such as specialty services and diagnostic testing within a primary care practice. This position provides all pertinent clinical information needed for the payor authorization and the facility or specialist prior to the services being rendered. The position is responsible for tracking and managing all referrals with the intention and outcome to close any patient care gaps, along with providing documentation to promote team awareness.
1. Schedules appointments for specialty physician services and diagnostic testing per provider request and communicates with the patient on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements
2. Acts as a liaison between patients, providers and staff members for patients' referral and follow up needs. Provides prompt and professional service for the patients by assisting in educating patient/family and assisting patients with external resources when needed.
3. Provides all pertinent clinical information needed for the payor authorization, the facility or specialist prior to the services being rendered by verifying coverage, obtaining authorization and communicating with receiving facilities
4. Tracks and manages all referrals by monitoring outstanding referrals at 30/60/90 day intervals and following up with patients if appointments are not kept
5. Applies knowledge of medical terminology and maintains up to date knowledge of insurance environment. Utilizes internal and external resources to seek knowledge about regulations regarding various payor sources
6. Collaborates with outside referral sources and other community resources. Maintains an updated list of community resources and networks with colleagues to develop additional referral sources
7. This position has frequent communications with patients, physicians, staff, and third party payers. The position must work with and understand the concepts of managed health care and be able to prioritize tasks within established guidelines with moderate supervision
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Possesses 1 year of direct patient interaction/experience in a medical, insurance, or healthcare related industry. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Strong customer service focus and willingness to problem solve. Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Must be proficient with commonly used office software.
Previous knowledge of managed care concepts. Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 and CPT codes.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Why Work Here?Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services.