Primary City/State:Gilbert, Arizona
Department Name:Nursing Admin-HH Int
Job Category:Clinical Support
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today
Banner Home Health is a four-star home care agency and the largest in Phoenix. Banner Home Health-Phoenix has an average daily census of 2000 across the Maricopa and (parts of) Pinal Counties).
As aBanner Home Health Intake Representative,you will enjoy working in a centralized intake department for Banner Home Health located in Gilbert, AZ. You will handle incoming requests for patient placements, referrals for new order and requests for home health services. This is a great opportunity to work with the largest non-profit post-acute agency which offers room for career growth! This is a full time weekend position, Saturday-Wednesday, 8am-5pm
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your lifeRanked in the top 25 percent of all home care agencies in the United States, Banner Home Care is the largest nonprofit, free-standing home care agency in Arizona. We provide intermittent health care for patients of all ages in the comfort of their home. Our home care team is experienced, compassionate and professional, and the results prove that Banner Home Care measures better than the national and Arizona average in almost all Medicare Quality Compare patient satisfaction results. Banner Hospice have been providing comfort care for the past 10 years in the Phoenix Metro area. The goal is to support quality of life, honor the wishes of patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process. Inpatient Home care is also available for respite care and symptom management. The Banner Hospice Team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful help and by creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
This position processes internal and external requests and referrals for patient placement, services, and equipment from a centralized call center. Serves as a liaison between local patient care services, equipment providers and physicians, clinics, hospitals, third party payers, and other community agencies to support appropriate patient care.
1. Handles incoming requests for patient placement, referrals for new orders and refills, and/or requests for services. Receives and verifies requests and referrals, initiates insurance verification and gathers all information necessary for pre-certifications, authorizations, and certificates of medical necessity. Ensures that each patient meets admission criteria. Provides on-going follow-up of requests up to, and following, patient discharge.
2. Builds referrals using information in patient medical record to provide minimum data necessary to coordinate patient services.
3. Provides verbal and written instructions to patients, families, and coordinating resources regarding provision of products and services, reimbursement and patient financial responsibility.
4. Performs data entry of patient intake information into computer system. Records insurance information and authorization requirements and notes in the computer systems.
5. Coordinates requested services and referrals with service and equipment providers, as appropriate. Coordinates with pharmacy warehouse and clinical staff to ensure product availability and sets delivery expectations between patients and providers.
6. Facilitates problem solving with patients, hospitals, providers, referral sources, insurance companies, and clinical staff. Assists in the maintenance and communication of changing payor and referral source information specific to coordination of patient needs.
7. Incumbents in this position have extensive interaction with internal departments and external sources to coordinate patient services. Must be familiar with products and services offered in the surrounding community as well as within the company. The position does not develop or manage a budget.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires literacy and basic math skills.
Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology and have familiarity with hospital operations. Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Must be proficient with commonly use office software products and possess the ability to learn new software applications.
Previous experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Why Work Here?Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services.