Banner Health Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:Radiation Oncology
Job Category:Clinical Care
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Join our Banner Desert Radiation Therapist team and be a part of our mission to care and treat our cancer patients
Hours will Vary, 2-3 days a week, this is a part time positionLocated on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
This position performs prescribed planned course of radiation therapy as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and in accordance with standards of professional radiation therapy practice. Performs needed assessment, care and treatment planning for patient population.
1. Performs radiation therapy treatments by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Operates treatment and treatment planning equipment to include simulation in accordance with departmental policy. Prepares treatments and administers prescribed doses in accordance with established policies. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures in accordance with established policies.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety practices. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiation oncology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiation therapy procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of radiation oncology, nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients, caregivers and family members.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care as normally obtained through an Associate degree in radiation oncology or related field.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment relative to the area of work. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, and be safety conscious.
Previous radiation therapy experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner HealthWhy Work Here?
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.