IT Support Desk
Banner Health Mesa, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary City/State:Mesa, Arizona
Department Name:Consumer Care-Corp
Job Category:Information Technology
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
In this role you will handle all consumer calls, messages, and emails for the Patient Portal systemwide supporting the My Banner Helpline. This includes technical support and general informational calls. This is a strategic initiative for Banner. You will help patients who need assistance enrolling and checking on their information while delivering great customer service.
You will have an opportunity utilize your strong customer service skills along with your technical skills to help problem solve and deliver great customer service. This is a small, but ever growing department where teamwork is paramount, but also being able to work proactively and independently are equally as important.
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm M-F, with rotating weekends
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position provides first level customer support to the various hospital communities in relation to department call center functions. The incumbent will assist work group in the role of answering, logging and resolving customer issues.
1. Answers, resolves, documents and triages incoming calls, faxes and e-mails to the support desk.
2. Interacts with the customer, department and vendor support to facilitate first call problem resolution. Documents interactions with customers using problem tracking system. Escalates user issues as needed by contacting the appropriate area. Updates the problem tracking system as necessary.
3. Utilizes on-line procedures, solutions, and knowledge databases.
4. Contributes to team decisions, participates in team meetings and fosters team growth. Interacts with team members and users as needed.
5. This position has responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities as it relates to the urgency of the issue and or application. The incumbent has minor level decision-making authority for call escalation and issue resolution and works at peer level. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess level of knowledge typically obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels.
General knowledge of information technology and healthcare is desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner HealthWhy Work Here?
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.