About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position formulates and defines information security scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable industry and regulatory requirements. Designs and implements complex network or application security architectures. Conducts security reviews and oversees any subsequent remediation projects generated from the review. Guides and advises less experienced peers. Competent to work at the highest practical understanding of most phases of information security analysis and design as it applies to current and future system requirements.
- Leads or participates in security reviews, evaluations, and risk assessments, developing and implementing appropriate recommendations.
- Leads or performs analysis of companys information security architecture, including hardware and software components, with the objective of standardizing security throughout our infrastructure. Responsible for designing various security architectures in accordance with accepted industry standards and subsequent implementation oversight.
- Participates in the ongoing evaluation and development of security policies and procedures. Leads the revision of policies and procedures, as needed.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise and support for security software, including operational aspects of the software. Responsible for mentoring junior members of the team and may supervise the work of the department in the absence of immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for providing guidance, direction, and oversight for companys compliance with all federal, state, and local mandated information security laws, rules, and guidelines. Remain current with the latest industry technical information.
- Serves as primary leader of information security projects, including the development of project scope requirements, budgeting, and project planning.
- Coordinates the handling of security incidents, recoveries, breaches, intrusions, and system abuses.
Must possess strong knowledge of business, information security and/or computer science as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree.
Certification in one of the following areas within one year of entering the positionSystems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), HealthCare Information Security & Privacy Practitioner, (HCISPP), Payment Card Industry Internal Security Assessor (PCI-ISA), CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Must also possess 6 years experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Requires independent judgment, critical decision making, excellent analytical skills, with excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to think quickly under difficult or complex conditions and clearly communicate to appropriate staff; ability to balance project workloads with customer support and on-call demands. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and information security principles and practices. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individually or in a team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Job Number 264832
Facility BH Corporate Office
Department IT Security Governance-Corp
Address : Street 2901 North Central Ave
Address : Location US-AZ-Phoenix
Work Schedule Day
Position Type FT: Full-Time
Posting Category Information Technology - Information Security