Primary City/State:Gilbert, Arizona
Department Name:Cardio Non-Invasive
Job Category:Clinical Care
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
As a Echo Tech at Banner Gateway Medical Center you will work with a dynamic team to provide specialized cardiovascular care, while maintaining maximum patient safety and comfort. This is a part-time opportunity, working 20hrs per week. This position is eligible for a weekend shift differential flat rate of $3hr.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, professional and certification responsibilities related to the practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Requires national certification in the area of specialty from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or from Cardiovascular Credentialing International. For new graduates, certification must be completed within 12 months of hire. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1-2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Why Work Here?Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services.