Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
The Outpatient Surgery Department at Banner Thunderbird has 7 OR rooms and houses it's very own robot! We are one of only two Hospital Outpatient Departments with Robotic technology.
As a Specialty Technician, you will have an opportunity to work in a supportive enviroment. This entry level position gives you the opportunity to start your career in healthcare. Due to the department being closed for weekends and holidays you will have a strong work/home life balance, with no call requirements.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position provides support to the surgical team by providing basic patient care and assistance as directed. Promotes patient safety by assuring safe functioning of OR specialty equipment during procedures and ensuring appropriate supplies are available.
- Serves as a resource person in designated surgical specialty to ensure coordination of necessary instruments and equipment.
- Maintains unit equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up; cleaning; performing basic troubleshooting of equipment; performing safety checks on equipment and specialty carts as directed, calibrates and replaces soda lime. Monitors equipment for malfunctions, performs light maintenance or arranges for repairs. May complete room setup, assemble equipment, and maintain anesthesia specialty carts.
- Tracks and monitors availability of equipment and instruments for procedures in collaboration with the members of the OR Team.
- Maintains adequate inventory of anesthesia and surgical supplies both in the OR and anesthesia work areas.
- Assists with pulling supplies for cases, rotating inventory, and monitoring expiration dates.
- Under the direction of the RN circulator, assists with basic patient care as requested. Practices aseptic technique per competency.
- Performs functional tasks and utilizes equipment as delegated by a licensed professional. This may require additional specialized training provided by the department, consistent with demonstrated competency.
- Assists with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification.
An understanding of inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system.
Requires strong communication (written and verbal) skills, time management, problem solving ability, customer service and organizational skills.
Previous experience working with specialty instruments and equipment is strongly preferred. Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, and aseptic techniques are preferred. Previous experience in an acute care setting, preferably surgical services or specialty procedure area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Job Number 255971
Facility Banner Thunderbird Medical Ctr
Address : Street 5555 West Thunderbird Rd
Address : Location US-AZ-Glendale
Work Schedule Day
Position Type FT: Full-Time
Posting Category Surgery Services