Banner University Medical Center, a Top 5 Large Health System and one of the country's premier non-profit health care networks, is expanding its team by hiring a second full-time Neurointerventional Radiologist. You will be joining a multidisciplinary team including two CAQ diagnostic neuroradiologists, one senior neurointerventional radiologist, four stroke trained interventional radiologists, and an endovascular trained neurosurgeon who shares neurointerventional call. As part of our neurosciences team, you will participate in multidisciplinary conferences, tumor board, and contribute to the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows. This is an outstanding opportunity to have the best of all worlds at an up and coming academic medical center, but still having the flexibility, vacation and pay of a non academic position. Plenty of opportunities to perform research and teach.
- Ideal candidates will be neurointerventional radiology fellowship trained (New Fellows encouraged to apply)
- Flexible work schedule – 4 or 5 day work week, 10-12 weeks off/year
- Scope of activities will be predominantly determined by the candidate, but some diagnostic neuroradiology will be required.
- Typical cases include acute stroke, aneurysm and fistula treatment, pain procedures, cerebral venous procedures and thrombolysis,
- Growing program in spontaneous CSF leak management
- Candidates should have a broad NIR skill set, but more importantly have a willingness to learn new techniques and evolve their skill set.
- A desire to teach medical students and residents is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills and a collaborative attitude are a must.
- There is no diagnostic call requirement.
- Stroke call is separate from endovascular call, and will be shared 1:6 or possibly 1:7.
- Endovascular call will be approximately 1:3
- An interest in participating in research is desirable
The qualified candidate will receive an academic title consistent with their credentials
Banner Health & Banner - University Medicine Offers:
- Exceptional salary with with call pay + generous time off
- Sign-on bonus/relocation allowance
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental, vision, retirement, and more
- Paid malpractice
- Paid CME
- Opportunities for career advancement / leadership development
BUMCP | Arizona's largest hospital, part of the Banner Health system, is an important clinical education site for the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix. With 733 beds, Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix (formerly Banner Good Samaritan) has served the area for more than 100 years and is known as a top teaching hospital. Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix has an acknowledged unit for high-risk obstetrics, the Cavanagh Heart Center, a renowned transplant team and specialty units such as the Banner Alzheimer's Institute on the central Phoenix campus. BUMC-P has been cited for 12 years as one of America's “Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and is consistently rated as a “Best Place to Work” in Arizona.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.Employment Type: FULL_TIME