- Posted: over a month ago
Stretto is seeking an Associate to join our team in Irvine, CA. We are looking for a jack of all trades. Think air traffic controller who must roll up their sleeves and get into the process.
Maintain a high level of confidence and security handling sensitive personal information. Strict attention to detail is a must. Process hundreds of millions of dollars in transactions at a time. 40+ active clients at a time. Small team dynamic, everyone backs each other up.
In this role, the Associate will be responsible for high volume check and wire transactions for our Operations team and will work alongside the Operations Director and Vice President.
This person will interact with banking institutions, financial advisors, legal entities, and financial services firms to coordinate the timely and accurate payment to third parties outside of Stretto. Ideal candidate is a change‐maker, who also brings a mix of focus, strict attention to detail and expert multi‐tasking when needed. May be required to create and document new operational processes for continual improvement initiatives. Flexible schedule required; responsiveness and availability are important aspects of the corporate culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Record daily banking transactions, including logging checks and preparing daily, weekly and monthly transaction reports
• Reconcile excel data to support quality assurance of check lists
• Research into foreign exchange rates and other industry related research as needed
• Communicate with banking team members on job status and perform quality control
• Support client relationships
• Anticipate client needs and provide solutions throughout the lifetime of an engagement
• Collect, manage, and maintain large volumes of data in a single database
• Manage the returned mail tracking program and follow‐up efforts with Mail Operations team
• Review disbursement agent agreements to extract relevant data
• Analyze complex plans of reorganization to establish payment plans via check, wire and ACH
• Provide support to creditors by responding to inquiries received via phone, email, chat, or mail, related to basic case information/status, claims, solicitation, or distributions
• Other projects or tasks as required by the case
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree from a 4‐year accredited university preferred or alternatively, minimum two years related experience in banking, corporate restructuring, or related industry. Banking experience strongly preferred.
• Experience managing multiple projects at once with excellent prioritization and time management
• High level of attention to detail
• “Can Do” attitude
• Excellent communication
• Time management
• Strong sense of professionalism
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Highly adaptable
• Willingness to ask questions or ask for help if needed
• Creates a fun, professional work environment with others
• Able to accept responsibility for mistakes, process constructive feedback and participate in designing solutions to prevent recurrence
1. Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with federal, state, and local standards
2. Might be exposed to prolonged sedentary hours of work and use of computer
3. In‐person/remote hybrid schedule required
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job‐related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Stretto offers a competitive starting salary and a comprehensive benefits package, along with opportunity for growth. We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any othercharacteristics protected by law.
Bankruptcy Management Sol
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?