PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
The employee will ensure that facility and machines/equipment are efficiently maintained and operational, meeting applicable Electrical codes and OEM requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade machines and equipment.
- Set-up, program, and troubleshoot PLC's and other control devices
- Maintain/install electrical equipment and devices in compliance with NEC
- Maintain air compressors and all pneumatic systems
- Machine installation and commissioning
- Design, weld and fabricate parts and brackets for machines
- Preventive maintenance
- Safely operate forklift and scissor lift
- Inspect/maintain machine safety guards and interlocks
- Perform mechanical adjustments and set-up machines
- Utilize CMMS system for tracking machine downtime and parts usage
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent and ten (10) years related experience or Associate's Degree (A.S. or A.A.S.) related experience and eight (8) years related experience
- Familiar with AC/DC drive systems
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals
- Ability to utilize diagnostic test equipment including multi-meters, amp clamps, and oscilloscope
- Familiar with the code and programming of PLC's and other automation control devices
- Cognex vision system experience and familiarity if In-Sight Explorer a plus
- Printing experience a plus