- Posted: over a month ago
1. Leading by example and strictly enforce all company policies and procedures, drive continuous improvement, and continually ensures safety and environmental standards are never compromised.
2. Training and developing employees in proper quality, operating, and safety procedures. Establishing and maintaining world-class housekeeping standards, promoting employee and safety committee involvement in safety continuous improvement.
3. Ensuring all employees have the proper equipment needed to perform the job (safely and to customer and legal standards).
4. Planning efficient shop operations daily, adjust planning continuously to ensure efficient work flow, Planning and coordinating all materials, tools, support, and supplies to meet productivity expectations. Maintaining continuous communications with employees, management and others as needed to ensure quality and efficient work. Resolving bottlenecks as they arise, and Inspect tools and equipment and coordinate with Maintenance personnel to proactively keep equipment in a ready state. Effectively managing the work schedule and cost code reporting.
5. Controlling the work flow and its influencing production. All employees have strengths and weaknesses, and this must be acknowledged in order to properly pair the right fabricator with the right job. Some workers are more productive than others, and this requires a continual training of less skilled employees to improve overall output.
6. Organizing the order in which fabricated product is worked on in order to meet delivery dates. Material is received in the shop in order of availability, not always delivery dates, so the work flow must be arranged in a way to complete both what is received and what is required with various levels of priority. The length of the time it takes to produce each piece must also be taken into account in order to make all delivery dates.
7. Communicating with management and help with resolving issues or make timely and appropriate business decisions to ensure safe and on-time deliveries and customer satisfaction.
8. Maintaining a proactive professional relationship with other supervisors and the workforce.
9. Ensuring people under his/her control are managed consistently and fairly and free from harassment and any form of discrimination. All employees should expect clear expectations, training, accountability and a fair evaluation of their performance.
10. Ensuring department maintains an open and honest two-way communication system and all employees are kept regularly informed and updated on key issues. Working with entire team to ensure employee concerns are communicated, reviewed, and addressed in a timely manner.
11. The Fab Supervisor and the entire management team represent Banker Steel at all times and as such their actions both inside and outside of work will impact our reputation in the community and industry. Responsible and accountable for ensuring that he/she acts honestly and with full integrity in all dealings with regulators, customers, suppliers, auditors, and employees including all Banker Steel employees.
Skills / Knowledge:
Saw Supervisor candidate must have knowledge/experience with CNC machines.
- Must be able to constantly work in various indoor conditions including hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to lift a maximum weight up to 20 lbs. frequently; 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to carry a maximum weight up to 20 lbs. frequently; 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching forward, balancing, feeling, object handling, simple hand grasping, firm hand grasping, and operating controls will be required.
- Regular sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, reaching overhead, stooping, and crouching will be required.
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
Banker Steel Company LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Banker Steel Company LLC