Banker Steel Company LLC Lynchburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
***This job will have a home base of either Lynchburg, VA or Atlanta, GA***
The HR Generalist works as an internal partner for key stakeholders within the organization consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting more than one functional group. Will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: talent acquisition; employee relations; policy interpretation and application, employee development and training; marketing and communication, reporting and analysis, workforce planning, and record keeping/administration. May carry out additional responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with other members of HR, Leadership and Finance to collect data from multiple sources to develop data structures, datasets, processes and tools with which to analyze people-related data.
- Ensuring that departmental goals and KPIs are clearly defined and reporting on team project status
- Generate accurate reports from which senior leadership can make informed decisions. Investigate possible methods of improving and/or increasing the automation of the reporting process.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action demographics data, assist in preparation of the annual EEO-1 report; and maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conduct new-employee orientations and other on-boarding processes
- Maintain accurate and up to date HRIS records
- Develop and maintain efficient relationships with all hiring managers
- Handles VISA and other immigration needs of legal aliens
- Drive Employee Engagement Initiatives
- Pay close attention to trends to be able to help forecast both the quarterly and annual hiring needs broken down by location and position
- Incident Investigations and Disciplinary Actions
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Ability to travel to site locations locally and out of town as required. Travel up to 50%
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Influencing Skills
- Change Management
- Stakeholder Orientation
- Diversity & Inclusion
- ADP WFN Experience
- Advanced Excel Skills Required
Required Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and four years of experience in the HR field, or ten years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential and/or
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Banker Steel Company LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Banker Steel Company LLC