Banker Lopez Gassler P.A. is currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary for our Fort Myers office.
This position focuses on automobile negligence, wrongful death, personal injury, and premises liability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens, maintains, and closes files.
- Schedules hearings, depositions, conferences, meetings and maintains the Attorney's calendar.
- Types legal and administrative correspondence and documents at direction of supervisor.
- Prepares attorney time entry and edits billing memos.
- Communicates with clients, opposing counsel, courts, agencies, and the general public.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, providing information which may require the use of judgment and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Performs other clerical tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Some college education or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years experience as a legal secretary in a high volume, defense law firm environment.
- Moderate knowledge of legal practices, terminology and format for legal documents.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by e-mail, telephone, and in person to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact in an environment with a diverse group of personalities.
- Flexible and solution-oriented with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Advanced writing skills, verbal communication skills, and dictation transcription. Includes the ability to type a minimum of 75 WPM.
- Advanced skills in computer technology using Microsoft Office Suite, Orion, digital dictation, and Sharepoint.
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty five pounds.