Banker Lopez Gassler P.A. is seeking an experienced paralegal for their downtown Tampa office.
Prior experience as a paralegal in a workers' compensation defense position is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions and public records.
- Conducts witness interviews and investigates case facts.
- Serves as a limited liaison between counsel, clients, experts, witnesses, third parties, and other outside contacts.
- Summarizes records, court files and depositions.
- Reviews and summarizes third party and client documents.
- Tracks and monitors cases and documents for ongoing litigation matters.
- Compiles documents responsive to discovery requests and attends document productions.
- Drafts, prepares and performs limited reviews of legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, discovery materials, appeals and contracts.
- Assists in trial preparation and discovery practices such as to gather and organizing exhibits, trial data, documents and other materials in response to subpoenas, discovery requests, interrogatories, motions for summary judgments, etc.
- Keeps current with procedures used by local, state and federal courts.
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate required.
- Minimum three to five years defense litigation paralegal experience with a focus on workers' compensation defense.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate by e-mail, telephone, and in person to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact in an environment with a diverse group of personalities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision in a high stress and high volume environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to identify and resolve problem in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Advanced skills in computer technology using Microsoft Office Suite, Orion, and document management (Sharepoint).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.