Mortgage Loan Originator
- Posted: 6 days ago
Position Summary: Responsible for meeting the mortgage lending needs of the community. Must possess a thorough knowledge of all pertinent loan products and the processing, underwriting, closing and shipping procedures of all secondary market funding sources as well as BankIowa's residential loan products.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Accountability 1: 50% Weighting. Actively solicit valid referral sources including, but not limited to, fellow employees, Realtors and real estate firms, investment advisors, accountants, attorneys and all other centers of influence.
Accountability 2: 20% Weighting. Promptly respond to customer inquiries and applications. Effectively communicate available loan programs and accurately present loan solutions. Provide all the required disclosures within the mandated timeframes. Communicate effectively with customers to identify needs and then utilize skills and tools to refer clients to the appropriate BankIowa personnel.
Accountability 3: 20% Weighting. Display diligence in keeping up to date with all loan products offered by the bank pertaining to underwriting guidelines, pricing and delivery. Exhibit accuracy in loan pricing and have no loans returned for repurchase. Responsible for following bank policies and procedures for compliance relative to the functions of the position.
Accountability 4: 10% Weighting. Ongoing monitoring of the loan pipeline to ensure the successful realization of deadlines for loan credit approval, final loan approval and loan closing and shipping to investor to meet loan lock expiration guidelines. Provide all requested information on the pipeline and closed loans in a timely manner to the Department manager.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Behave in a manner that demonstrates and fosters teamwork and a positive work environment, treating all employees with respect and giving full support and encouragement. Maintain good working relations between your department and all other departments, bank offices and management to keep the lines of communication open.
- Employee will be responsible for completing applicable annual compliance training as required by compliance laws, regulations and bank policy.
- Comprehend and comply with all pertinent Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC/CIP policies and procedures. Complete annual training required to comply with the SAFE Act including successful initial and ongoing registration in the NMLS Registry
- Be an active member of the community and project a positive image of BankIowa
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- At least 5 years experience in secondary market lending.
- Extensive knowledge of FNMA, Freddie Mac and GMNA guidelines.
- Extensive knowledge of Federal Regulatory guidelines.
- At least 5 years direct sales experience.
- No un-fundable loans
- Acceptable results from all audits
- No loans resulting in repurchase
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance of the job will include physical duties commensurate with a general office environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
BankIowa is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?