The Relationship Banker is a branch- based sales and service position whose primary goal is to help customers by discovering financial needs, problem resolution, and processing transactions. You will take a lead role in creating an outstanding customer experience by responding promptly to customer inquiries, offering various products or services, opening new deposit and consumer loan accounts, and helping the Branch meet sales goals, contributing to the success of Community Bank. You will have the opportunity to provide top-notch customer service in face-to-face interactions with customers. As a Relationship Banker, you will also have the opportunity to assist our customers by handling teller transactions accurately and efficiently when necessary.
- Process and take care of bank customer needs via phone, in person, and online
- Answer phone calls promptly (within 3 rings) and great customer with Bank2 greeting and banker name.
- Listen intently to customer need/request and assist with resolving situation.
- Open new checking, savings, certificate of deposit and Safe Deposit Box accounts.
- Explain options such as single and joint ownership, revocable trust accounts, business accounts, and various savings, certificate of deposit, and checking account programs.
- Gather needed information from customers, transmit accurate information through ChexSystems, and/or preparing appropriate documents to obtain funds from other sources.
- Prepare all paperwork and assist customers in signing documents necessary to process new accounts.
- Receive initial deposit and ensure all new accounts are properly processed.
- Cross-sell the Bank’s services actively in a professional manner.
- Explain features and benefits of Debit Cards, Online Banking, Bill Pay, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Cash Management, Merchant Services, Credit Cards, and other bank services. Gather appropriate documentation, where necessary, and follow procedures for setup or ordering.
- Prepare redemption forms for maturing savings bonds and counsel customers on merits of various investment options.
- Discuss consumer loan products and options with customers. Accept loan applications; obtain necessary paperwork required for each loan type, and submit completed loan packages to centralized underwriting for review. For approved loans, review documents with customers and complete loan signings. Acquire a basic understanding of the bank's small business loan products and processes and refer complex relationships to Commercial Loan Officer's as needed.
- Complete all arrangements and documents for such services as auto funds transfers, direct deposits, wires, EFT’s Stop Payments, etc.
- Answer questions and solve problems for customers and branch staff concerning all services provided by the Bank by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers, and reporting results to inquiring party.
- Open IRA/SEP/ROTH/SIMPLE and HSA accounts. Inquire that customers are aware of deposit/withdrawal requirements for their financial situation. If further clarification is needed, refer the customer to their tax consultant. Gather necessary information, and prepare documents.
- Complete necessary File Maintenance for customer requests to change beneficiaries, add Power of Attorney, Name Changes, Account Type Changes, etc.
- Perform back-up for tellers as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Environment and Interaction:
- Normal office environment.
- Reports to: Retail Banking Manager
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least six (6) months of experience as a teller.
- Six (6) months of progressively greater responsible experience within the Bank to become familiar with variety of customer services (cross-selling) and account options available.
- Must be bondable.
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Basic word processing and computer database skills.
- Ability to learn and navigate computer systems and websites necessary to complete job description and other duties as assigned.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking rules, regulations, laws and all policies and procedures pertaining to them including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Ability to learn products, services and procedures quickly and accurately; explain concepts clearly to customers.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport, be friendly and personable and look for ways to benefit the customer,
- Excellent customer contact skills; comfortable asking questions/interviewing customers about their financial situation; strong listening skills.
- Understands how to present features and benefits of products and services to customer’s needs.
- Must be self-motivated, assertive, and perform well in a team environment.
- Must be organized and maintain a positive demeanor in all situations.